- 204ps Bi-Turbo CXEB T6 Engine & Turbo problems -

It was on recommendation from the tuner, a very a reputable one. I went for a EGR delete, engine and DSG map.

But instead left with a start/stop, adblue and EGR delete and the dsg map. Left the engine map due to the uncertainty of my turbo.

I’m afraid I can’t give any more information than that, forgive my ignorance!
So no issues with the van, you just wanted some stuff "tuned". ?

Then threw the checkbook at them to lol.

I added the inline stop start cancelling loom on my t6.1 and it works perfectly.
Me too, but it kept getting in the way of the ghost imob code input,,, so I use the manual finger press now...

Would be nice if they could extend the time that it activates

Is there anyway i can tell on vcds if my egr has been mapped out?
Im guessing i could do operate egr think its output test on and off?

Hi new to here
Biturbo issues, 204hp, any help would be appreciated
I’ve been told I could get flap delete in inlet manifold problem as they are stuck open, Has anyone done before?
Also have the turbo problem, coil light flashing and EML sometimes with turbo lag until 2000rpm
IMG_2899.jpeg

Oh dear. I have a 2017 CXEB - hope I don't join this group although I recently had this error;

16409 [0x004019]
P00AF00: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Module, Performance
Status bits: 1
Priority: 2
Frequency: 1
Unlearning index: 255
Odometer: 126945 km
Date, time: 2012.01.28 01:10:33
Engine RPM: 1855 rpm
Calculated engine load value: 51.76 %
Vehicle speed: 103 km/h
Engine coolant temperature: 90 ℃
Engine oil temperature: 23 ℃
Barometric pressure: 101 kPa
Klemme 30 voltage: 14
Paramteric values: 20 96 28 44 A5 02 05 44 BA 0F AA 44 B9 FF AE 44 8D 0B A9 44 D0 07 D6
Status: Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
Hi I have same code and fault read regarding boost control module, have you had it looked at yet and if so what was it?
Mine keeps having flashing coil light and lack of boost until 2000rpm, I also have inlet manifold problem

Is there anyway i can tell on vcds if my egr has been mapped out?
Im guessing i could do operate egr think its output test on and off?
Just run this one -

Just run this one -
Just tried this pressed go and the engine stalled and said aborted due to safety, that was with ignition on.

With ignition off it said refused by controler.

Having just tried these, i took the van down the road to try and now not getting any boost pressure at all and feels very underpowered.
I truly hope my brand new turbo is ok

Just tried this pressed go and the engine stalled and said aborted due to safety, that was with ignition on.

With ignition off it said refused by controler.

Having just tried these, i took the van down the road to try and now not getting any boost pressure at all and feels very underpowered.
I truly hope my brand new turbo is ok
try with IGNITION ON, but engine OFF.

try with IGNITION ON, but engine OFF.
Did try with the ignition On and engine Off....... controller refused

then tried with engine running......... the engine tone changed and the engine stalled.......said aborted for safety reasons.

tried the van after and now not getting any boost pressure at all, van runs incredibly slow with no error codes

Did try with the ignition On and engine Off....... controller refused

then tried with engine running......... the engine tone changed and the engine stalled.......said aborted for safety reasons.

tried the van after and now not getting any boost pressure at all, van runs incredibly slow with no error codes
update,
a garage local to my is picking the van up as im a bit cautious to drive it far,

I've asked them to put the latest software on it, so hopefully now i can get the fault codes to come up

Honestly, if that was me, not a chance I'd touch an early T6 with the 204 BiTdi engine. Low miles might also indicate it's been used for short runs, which aren't good for the engines. It might have been used as a second car and only done 4 trips a year on holiday, but you can't know that really.

The ONLY way I'd touch a 204/199 BiTdi would be in a 2022/23/24 T6.1 - ie the newest possible.

a 2016 204 BiTdi is just a ticking time bomb. The potential of bankrupting repair bills is too great.
We've pulled out the deal, but instead gone for a year old 6.1 150. Massive uplift in price but we are making it work! Thanks for all the replies guys ;)

update,
a garage local to my is picking the van up as im a bit cautious to drive it far,

I've asked them to put the latest software on it, so hopefully now i can get the fault codes to come up
Update on the latest software

Van was taken in and flashed with the latest software,
I was hoping on the way home it would go into limp mode and flash up a warning light.

However strangely enough it drove home with no problems at all, even had the ad blue showing 6.5k miles.
Driven a few miles this afternoon a bit more spirited and still no problems.

Im going to keep an eye on this as it did the same after the new turbo, ran well but limp mode after a week

Hopefully now when it does go into limp mode it will show an error code and i can work from there.

So no issues with the van, you just wanted some stuff "tuned". ?

Then threw the checkbook at them to lol.
That’s a good way of putting it! Lol

Long story short, I researched, then researched some more before buying the 204. Which clearly wasn’t enough as I then stumbled upon all the CXEB issues once the van was sat on my drive.

So I put 1000 miles on it to check the oil consumption. Turns out I’m at 1L for every 2000 miles. So not terrible in comparison to others but less than ideal, at this point I committed to keeping it. Millers oil test sat waiting to be done in kitchen drawer.

Off to the tuner I went. Always fettled with cars, played with my previous ‘hot’ hatches so the van would be no different! I knew I wanted a dsg change as the up shifts were too early for my liking. But the EGR code out decision was made based on hours of sitting on this forum. The adblue and start/stop came on recommendation following the EGR delete.

Engine map was swerved because though I had no EML, I had a confirmed fault for inlet manifold runner position. On top of a noise I’m certain is a turbo whine. So I’m anticipating a large turbo & new dpf bill coming. Which I hope will solve the oil consumption. All will become clear in November as I’m due a belt and pump then. I’ll be instructing the garage to sort the manifold, run a compression test and inspect the turbo at the same time.

But until then, I’m keeping my fingers crossed every time I start it!

Just incase I wasn’t skint enough, new coil overs, alloys and tyres desperately need doing. I’m sure I’d have a comfier ride if I replaced the shocks with blocks of wood. Oh the joys! Absolute money pit.

Mine is good. 155K miles.

From new it was a corporate London airport transfer vehicle out of Norfolk, so always did long journeys. As the second owner from 129K miles in March 2021 I've kept up the FSH and never ever ever use it for short journeys. It had a new DMF at 133K miles. Miller oil check August 2022, all normal. I had the EGR physically blanked and mapped out 6-12 months (a few thousand miles) ago as a preventative and because the engine monitoring app I was using was seeing occasional sticking. DPF looks fine last time I checked.

Last edited:
2019 T30 204 PS 2.0 TDI bi turbo engine failure?

Hello, new to group despite owning several transporters.

Could really do with some help and advice from others who have experienced engine failure due to low cylinder compression.

Van started running lumpy in low gears, then came the exhaust smoke, immediately stopped driving, P100400 fault on diagnostics, pointing to cylinder 1, replaced but same problem so had recovered to VW approved who has simply said needs a new engine.

Aware of the EGR issues and although out of warranty the van has only done 50k miles so going to take to ombudsman.

No engine light has ever come up.

Would like to hear other experiences people have had, does this sound similar, did you get it resolved with or without VW

Any help would be appreciated.

Quoted £20k

I wonder how many BiTDI CFCA & CXEB engines have been replaced and rebuilt over the years, and as a percentage across all units sold (not on the road as I bet a lot will have been scrapped due to value v cost). Retro Resus have been doing one a week for years, and when I had my engine replaced they had four in! 3x CFCA's for VW crate engines and one CXEB being fully rebuilt

Last edited:
I wonder how many BiTDI CFCA & CXEB engines have been replaced and rebuilt over the years, and as a percentage across all units sold (not on the road as I bet a lot will have been scrapped due to value v cost). Retro Resus have been doing one a week for years, and when I had my engine replaced they had four in! 3x CFCA's for VW crate engines and one CXEB being fully rebuilt
Maybe this dip in quality is one of the reasons VW aren’t doing as well as they were? This and Dieselgate. They have a loyal following but some people can only take so much. There will be other reasons too but that’s why it’s important to treat your customers well - I.e. if they are paying a premium for quality give them quality.

From the Guardian… “Volkswagen says it has “a year, maybe two” to adapt to a slump in European car sales, as it seeks to justify proposals to close factories in Germany for the first time in its history.”

2018 204ps biturbo
70k miles
no oil usage
remapped 255ps 530nm torque
now booked ar dealer for excessive coolant usage (1l / 1000km)
minor leakage water pump, major leakage EGR cooler.
will be replacing timing belt during same surgery

Back