AdBlue Discussion and Issues

I’m with @Salty Spuds, fill up in Spain, they have more adblue pumps at service stations so as easy as filling up with diesel and easy to put the correct amount in

I filled up in Spain last year and from memory it was about 30p per litre. Lots more stations have Adblue pumps which also saves messing around with plastic bottles.

I just topped up at a Repsol in Portugal a few days ago and it was a whopping €1.09 per litre which was a bit of a shocker, dearer than I pay in the uk.
I’d say put 6 litres in now and then when it asks again on the journey just keep it topped up.
I’ve never topped up from a bottle in the 4 years I’ve had the van, I just top up at a petrol station when it tells me it’s thirsty.

Just be sure to top up well in advance to avoid the sensors drying up issue. I fill it up to the max the tank will take, and since figuring that out - I haven't had any issues.

Just be sure to top up well in advance to avoid the sensors drying up issue. I fill it up to the max the tank will take, and since figuring that out - I haven't had any issues.
When you say "the max the tank will take" do you mean the maximum that the MFD is asking for, or you brim fill the Ad-Blue tank until it won't take anymore?

Don’t know if it’s the same for a t6.1 but my t6 will throw up errors if the ad blue is over filled. Adblue is corrosive so the level sensor is located outside the tank and cannot “ see” adblue in the filler neck of the tank. When you drive the system thinks the adblue level is not going down so thinks there is a fault some where as it apparently isn’t being used..
Therefore only fill up with the amount on the display.

Strange one last weekend. Saturday morning on way to classic bike show at Stafford and the Ad Blue warning comes up , 650 miles remaining. Ok no problem only 50 miles back that night so can top up then. Set off that evening and scrolling the MFD the Ad blue light has gone off and says 5000 miles remaining. Only difference was it was about freezing in the morning and the van was in the sun all day. No warning going back on Sunday or since.

Strange one last weekend. Saturday morning on way to classic bike show at Stafford and the Ad Blue warning comes up , 650 miles remaining. Ok no problem only 50 miles back that night so can top up then. Set off that evening and scrolling the MFD the Ad blue light has gone off and says 5000 miles remaining. Only difference was it was about freezing in the morning and the van was in the sun all day. No warning going back on Sunday or since.
Bit like me, slow to wake up in the morning. Many a story of that 650 mile warning on here. I wouldn't worry too much now...

Whatever you do, if you get this again, don’t pour loads of adblue into the tank, overfilling it is not a good idea, it should reset itself at some point

When you say "the max the tank will take" do you mean the maximum that the MFD is asking for, or you brim fill the Ad-Blue tank until it won't take anymore?
When I followed the instructions on the MFD I had an issue with it not registering what I put in. So after reading earlier posts on the forum I tried filling the tank completely - and this has worked since.

Interesting reading, this thread makes. In the past 3 years I have just bought a 10ltr AdBlue container and filled the tank with it, each time it claims I have just over a 1000 miles.

Back