Brake disc and pad upgrade options

Evening All,

Just put some new 20" gloss black alloys on T6.1 30 and was told that I need to replace my rear discs and pads soon.

Just been on Eurocar parts and there a variety of brands available with a significant price difference.

They include from
Eicher
Bosch
Brembo
ATE
Pagid.

I'm also aware that nutexa is mentioned on a frequent basis on the forum.

Any suggestions guys? What is don't want is a shed load a break dust coating the wheels!!

I’m going to give nutexa frictions ago next time around seem to be getting great reviews from folk on here which to me is real reviews plus I’ve tried a few from your list above and haven’t been blown away

Go for the nutexa, you won’t regret it. Done my front and rears, not only are they better than what came off they also look amazing! Simple enough to do I just forgot to take any photos :rolleyes:

Hi all.
Have 2016 T6 Kombi with 16" wheels. Used main dealer until two years ago. Now have mate doing maintenance (He has use of his employer's workshop after hours and has done quite a few little jobs for me (glow plugs, wheel bearings oil changes etc.)
He did front pads last year, I didn't think to ask for genuine parts, they cost £18 and work ok but are not as 'sharp' as what VW were fitting.
Am planning on changing all discs and pads as the discs are lipped and close to limit.

I have looked at the brands listed below cheapest FB most expensive ATE
Any recommendations please?

Febi Billstein
BREMBO
ATE

If you felt the original VW parts were sharp then go back to that. You know it works, there's no risk, sorted.

Back