DIY Puncture Repair Kit. . . . . . . .

I carry out puncture repairs and to vehicles that do well over the 100mph mark our procedure has been tested, a lot of tyre places don’t have the skill set to repair
I agree! Especially some household names

Even when I worked in retail garage a repair was 1/2 hr labour plus consumables where as a tyre was 1/4 labour so it was quicker to fit new and made more money so that’s what governs tyre fitting places also having worked in retail I also know we had two tyre dumps scrap and repairable, I can tell you I never bought a tyre for years well until I left retail

I was searching Amazon for a repair kit like yours that also comes with the glue, and I came across this mushroom plugs kit which has a lot of good reviews:

I wondered if you'd had any experience with this type of plug vs the string @Dellmassive?

It's sensible, if you're going down this route, to also carry a 12V tyre inflator - by the time you realise you've got a puncture and use the kit to repair it it's either flat or nearly flat. I carry both and have had to use them, quicker and easier than a wheel change on the roadside.

It's sensible, if you're going down this route, to also carry a 12V tyre inflator - by the time you realise you've got a puncture and use the kit to repair it it's either flat or nearly flat. I carry both and have had to use them, quicker and easier than a wheel change on the roadside.
Do you use/recommend the repair kit with mushroom-style plugs or string-style plugs?

Mushroom type:
1681727894703.jpeg
String (worm) type:
1681728035629.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I would like a repair kit plus 12v pump if anyone knows of a full kit.

This photo was me on 01.01.2023 @ 00:30AM 1000km from home in the south of France. We literally drove around the corner from hotel to start the night driver home and I got a flat. Here in Luxembourg winter rubber is the law. I was stuck an additional three days in the south because they had heard of winters but needed them delivered from far away and with the new year holiday I got home very late on the 03.01.23 (really 04.01 by the time we arrived).

I want to avoid this by having a self sufficient repair kit if anyone knows an all in one. I would also like a spare wheel and bracket to mount on the back door if anyone can recommend one. I do the journey south at least five times a year and each trip is about 2750km driving including cruising around while down there. A spare wheel and carrier that is easy to pop on and off would be brilliant.

Thanks

IMG_0400.jpeg

I noticed that @Dellmassive used rubber glue in the video (in the first post). I just ordered the string kit from that post, plus some rubber glue as it’s not included in the kit.

I also just ordered a 12v tyre inflator which has good reviews and has long enough cables to reach all four wheels on the T6 (plus there’s a £10 voucher on Amazon today so I paid £35).

Thanks everyone for the helpful info in this thread. :)

I noticed that @Dellmassive used rubber glue in the video (in the first post). I just ordered the string kit from that post, plus some rubber glue as it’s not included in the kit.

I also just ordered a 12v tyre inflator which has good reviews and has long enough cables to reach all four wheels on the T6.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info in this thread. :)
With a bit of luck you'll never need any of it!

Back