ID Buzz

Here’s me thing that EV manufacturers were obviously going to be utilising regenerative braking to increase efficiency. o_O
They do use the rear wheels to regen so the front brakes have to work harder i guess ! Mine has only done 140 miles so the brakes might be still bedding in ??

My local vw dealer was replacing faulty battery under the warranty, cost only 22k.
Presume 22k refers to your mileage, not the cost of the replacement battery? :eek:

Was not my Id buzz, I was picking up my T6 after 31 days work under warranty.

Lady from customer service was talking about cost of the battery and problems with id BUZZ.

Was not my Id buzz, I was picking up my T6 after 31 days work under warranty.

Lady from customer service was talking about cost of the battery and problems with id BUZZ.
My apologies - your were referring to the cost, not the mileage. Wow! Just... wow!

At those prices, a used EV with a failing battery would be rendered less than worthless and utterly unsaleable. It's an environmental and financial disaster in the making - much like most 'green' policies.:uh run:

I have a buzz that was delivered with a fault! 3 weeks it’s still sat at the dealers - part is back order! Lucky we have more on order and on site.

Anyway in other news, after sorting the sound system in the people carrier we have started work on the Cargo sounds today.

We’ve gone for a full Hertz system;

DSK165.3 for the doors, CS 200 subwoofer in a custom enclosure under the drivers seat void driven by a HMP 1D amplifier. Fully sound deadened door panels. The results are the great - the 8” sub gives a great bass for the size of it, and perfect for the cab on the Buzz.

b03c7898-56ca-4efe-80e2-1cccb514fbf2.jpegbb23b198-1ee9-4e21-8cf9-a3c768ffc30b.jpeg1ad9516f-45f0-403d-a21b-3466e79dbe47.jpeg29bb1bba-4765-4ab2-a107-bfe861711ca4.jpegea05961a-d1a8-4fe5-b8ff-957895ed380c.jpeg

Still very much work in progress but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Look like the classic VAGBremtechnic/ Aston Brembo setup, they are good for 360mm (VBT logo on the disc bell is a giveaway - its likely their 362x32 2 piece disc kit))
Correct sir. They are a fantastic brake kit. The Buzz kit is exclusive to BMVS if anyone is interested
Here’s me thing that EV manufacturers were obviously going to be utilising regenerative braking to increase efficiency. o_O
With this kit you still get full regeneration and also a fantastic feeling pedal when needed. You can really push on with these buzzes- they sit on the road beautifully.

As the Buzz Cargo has a GVW of 3000kg and I can‘t find any details of ‘mass in service’ does it realistically have potential for a full campervan conversion?

As the Buzz Cargo has a GVW of 3000kg and I can‘t find any details of ‘mass in service’ does it realistically have potential for a full campervan conversion?
It says payload 650kg, which is not much to go at.

From today's Daily Telegraph;

Volkswagen is to cut electric car production at one of its biggest factories after “strong customer reluctance” led to far lower sales than expected.

The business is pausing work on electric models for six weeks at its plant in Emden, northwest Germany, and will lay off 300 of the 1,500 workers involved in making them.

The company blamed lower subsidies for buyers of the cars across Europe and higher inflation for a drop in consumer interest.

Demand for electric vehicles is running 30pc below the company’s forecasts.

Manfred Wullf, head of the Emden plant, said: “We are experiencing strong customer reluctance in the electric vehicle sector.”

A friend has one, and says. they are at a discounted price and easy to get hold of instead of longer waits for some other models. His business bought it, and he shifts cycles so I guess not too fussed at the weight restriction.

Volkswagen is to cut electric car production at one of its biggest factories after “strong customer reluctance” led to far lower sales than expected.

The business is pausing work on electric models for six weeks at its plant in Emden, northwest Germany, and will lay off 300 of the 1,500 workers involved in making them.

The company blamed lower subsidies for buyers of the cars across Europe and higher inflation for a drop in consumer interest.

Manfred Wullf, head of the Emden plant, said: “We are experiencing strong customer reluctance in the electric vehicle sector.”
I can't help thinking there are additional factors at play, such as most of those who were enthusiastic willing or felt obliged to purchase an EV have already done so, ergo the majority of those without an EV are either hostile, sceptical or unable to go down the EV route.

The ongoing dearth of EV infrastructure, the removal EV incentives (purchase subsidies, road tax exemption, etc.) and reports of replacement batteries costing £22k only serve to strengthen the resolve of this group against EV adoption.

…..and the cost of living squeeze on potential buyers will be reducing demand more than and issues with EV’s, infrastructure, range anxiety. I went for a second hand van purchase instead of buying new start of the year having seen my £750 per month lease jump to £1100 and beyond my company car contribution budget. New car price and interest rate increases will be ruining any sales growth car companies were forecasting for this year more than consumer reluctance to buy them

I have few friends who currently using various EV cars. All of them regretting switching from petrol/diesel car.

…..and the cost of living squeeze on potential buyers will be reducing demand more than and issues with EV’s, infrastructure, range anxiety. I went for a second hand van purchase instead of buying new start of the year having seen my £750 per month lease jump to £1100 and beyond my company car contribution budget. New car price and interest rate increases will be ruining any sales growth car companies were forecasting for this year more than consumer reluctance to buy them
I'm sure purely economic factors are also at play, but those alone don't explain why VW are cutting their EV production but not their ICE production.

I have few friends who currently using various EV cars. All of them regretting switching from petrol/diesel car.
Why is that? I’d be really interested to know.

We’ve had our iD3 for over a year, and whilst we have had a couple of issues and a problem getting a spare part, it really has exceeded our expectation on just about every level. We love it and I can’t imagine going back to an ICE unless I was buying a vintage vehicle.

I’d love a Porsche Taycan for my next car!

Back