ID Buzz

Anyone seen ABAB's experience with the Buzz?
They went from their home somewhere on the south coast to the NEC and back and had to stop twice to recharge the thing.

I charged mine to 80% the other week giving me a range of about 200 miles, drove from Brighton to Milton Keynes, then a couple of journeys around MK and then stuck it on a car park charger for an hour to take it back to 80% before driving it back to Brighton later than day. I use the heated seat rather than turning the heater up above 20 and get around 3 miles per KW on a run. I think the range is fine for most day to day journeys, if you use the super fast 170kw chargers it can be pretty expensive but I use the 50kw ones and it's not too bad.

I’d like to see the real charging speed when connected to a fast charger. Vw says 5 to 80% in 30 minutes. In the same group porsche can take 170kw charging speed and go from 5 to 80% in 17 minutes.
from 5 to 80 the buzz needs 57.75kwh. If the speed was 170 all the way it would charge 85kw battery pack in 30 mi . Average speed to charge it to 80% it’s more Like 115kwh.
Quite curious about this.

This is taken from the charging app on my phone

I first used one of the super fast chargers (Ionity) to put 62.5 KW of charge in (took the battery to 90%), charging time 40mins but the charging rate slows after 80%

A few weeks later I used a BP Pulse 50kw charger and put 57.4KW of charge in (this time only taking it to 80%) which took 1 hour 12 mins.

For the super fast charge I sat in the van whilst it charged, for the 50kw charger I went off to sort some things out and then had to rush back to remove it from the charger before I started getting charged a blocking rate.

I work in Milton Keynes which is great for chargers but I know other towns are not so well equipped. There's probably about 10 fast chargers within 400m of the office

I would say definitely providing you don't whack the heating right up, 80% charge is about 62kw which will give you close to a 200 mile range, if you average around 2.8 miles per kw (I'm currently getting 3 miles per Kw on a motorway run) 150 miles should still see you have close to 10% battery left. The low battery light comes on when only 20% battery remains but i haven't noticed this last 20% of power drain out any quicker.

When the light comes on it does focus the mind a bit. The buzz does ask if you want navigation guidance to the nearest charger when the low battery light comes on but I'd want to be sure I was heading to one that was working. I've got an Elli Charge account and if you select the charger you are heading to on the app tells you if it is in use or out of order.

I’d like to see the real charging speed when connected to a fast charger. Vw says 5 to 80% in 30 minutes. In the same group porsche can take 170kw charging speed and go from 5 to 80% in 17 minutes.
from 5 to 80 the buzz needs 57.75kwh. If the speed was 170 all the way it would charge 85kw battery pack in 30 mi . Average speed to charge it to 80% it’s more Like 115kwh.
Quite curious about this.
I’ve had an EV for 6 years and did travel abroad. Fastned have charging profiles for most EV’s. here is the ID Buzz profile. they are very accurate and were spot on on both my Tesla S75D and 2020 Kia eNiro.

I would say definitely providing you don't whack the heating right up, 80% charge is about 62kw which will give you close to a 200 mile range, if you average around 2.8 miles per kw (I'm currently getting 3 miles per Kw on a motorway run) 150 miles should still see you have close to 10% battery left. The low battery light comes on when only 20% battery remains but i haven't noticed this last 20% of power drain out any quicker.

When the light comes on it does focus the mind a bit. The buzz does ask if you want navigation guidance to the nearest charger when the low battery light comes on but I'd want to be sure I was heading to one that was working. I've got an Elli Charge account and if you select the charger you are heading to on the app tells you if it is in use or out of order.
Does the Buzz have a heat pump? My 2020 eNiro does and it provides most heat below 20c. Over 20c it uses a combination of both the heat pump and the battery power.

Out of interest if you choose the Buzz navigation suggestion will it pre condition the battery and heat it up. The new eNiro will but my 2020 doesn’t. All new tesla’s do this. Worth knowing if it does makes a hell of a difference to charge speed on a cold day. My S75D had it and I had no clue until some Dutch guy told me in Austria. It made a big difference.

Does the Buzz have a heat pump? My 2020 eNiro does and it provides most heat below 20c. Over 20c it uses a combination of both the heat pump and the battery power.

Out of interest if you choose the Buzz navigation suggestion will it pre condition the battery and heat it up. The new eNiro will but my 2020 doesn’t. All new tesla’s do this. Worth knowing if it does makes a hell of a difference to charge speed on a cold day. My S75D had it and I had no clue until some Dutch guy told me in Austria. It made a big difference.
From my understanding VW stoppped installing heat pumps to their EVs supposedly due to the semiconductor shortage

I can't see anything in the VW We Connect App that allows you to pre condition the battery, if it can do it VW don't seem to give that as a freebie in the App.

From my understanding VW stoppped installing heat pumps to their EVs supposedly due to the semiconductor shortage

I can't see anything in the VW We Connect App that allows you to pre condition the battery, if it can do it VW don't seem to give that as a freebie in the App.
I never had to set pre condition just set the supercharger as the destination and it did it. I had an OBD connected and you could see the battery temp start raising. Best I saw was I set the charger destination from 30 miles away and the temp rose from 18c to 40c whilst it was -2c outside.

Hmm, interesting. The only ones I've seen are covered in company logo's, clearly "publicity" vehicles.

This one is at a local plumbers house. He is well into renewable and has a Nissan EV van, so I'm guessing this is the replacement. It'll be covered in decals shortly no doubt.
The other one I've seen was the sa.e but in black and clearly a work van. Couldn't choose between the colours, looked great in both

Does anyone know what the seat layout of the 7 seater is going to be like? Are we taking T6 Caravelle or something more akin to a Sharan? The body doesn't look big enough to take captains seats and a bench.

Back