Lazer Lamps

So back to driving home in the dark. Even my upgrades lights a not great.

Took my wife’s car to work and her matrix led head lights are something else!

I’m considering retrofitting factory LED headlights but the cost is huge.

Which brings me to Laser Lamp LED grill lights. Anyone here running them? What are they like? Can they improve dipped and full beam headlights? Easy to fit?

Thanks for the replies.

had a look at @ROMANY TAMPIN van, it looks ace. The lights don’t look out of place.

They offer an option with two positions. Looks like dipped to me.
BC7200BA-7981-43F7-968B-87FE78AA3CEE.jpeg

The light symbol in that diagram is full beam not dipped.

Im petty sure after talking to @ROMANY TAMPIN about his these are spots and you will blind incoming traffic if they are on with dipped

I saw these on a van at Busfest. The way they fit into the grille seemed a bit wobbly to me. Certainly not like Cibie Oscars on Theta Rally Brackets.

Are the standard headlamps that bad, and the LEDs that good, that it's worth retrofitting?

The headlights on my T5.1 seem fine. Is LED really that much better?

Are the standard headlamps that bad, and the LEDs that good, that it's worth retrofitting?

The headlights on my T5.1 seem fine. Is LED really that much better?

Yes. Yes and Yes in that order.

It's a well reported issue that the standard halogen headlights are awful on the T6, with many companies offering alternatives. I have the factory LEDs and they are fantastic in the dark, and it would be the number 1 first option ticked on any orders in the future. Just take a look at the residual values of a factory LED T6 against the same T6 without LED. That alone justifies the initial cost of these when ordering new in my opinion.

I wonder if the T6.1 none LEDs will be vastly improved over the T6 as it's such a wide reported issue.

A lot of money for lamps which last and do the same as a lot of other makes. I run WOWLED bars on all my off road kits. Friends have Laser and Rigid. The wowleds are just as good with a tiny price, The difference is certainly not visible at night side by side. Last just as long.
You may need to touch up if you scratch the steel parts to avoid corrosion as the paint is slightly thinner but the main part of the unit is ally so just the mounts. For the sake of saving a lot of money check out wowled lights.
20191024_150454_resized.jpg 20190626_125236_resized.jpg 20190626_125246_resized.jpg 20190626_125258_resized.jpg 20190626_125306_resized.jpg 20190419_163405_resized.jpg 20190419_194445_resized.jpg

Do you need a relay?
I tend not to run a relay but use a switch and appropriate wiring. I dont run a relay as they dont like water much but thats just my setup. Either way you go and whatever lights you go for, You will not be dissapointed. SOOOOO much nicer at night being able to see everything. I wouldnt run them as dipped though. Just have them on a seperate switch ready. I used a carling switch.

So back to driving home in the dark. Even my upgrades lights a not great.

Took my wife’s car to work and her matrix led head lights are something else!

Which brings me to Laser Lamp LED grill lights. Anyone here running them? What are they like? Can they improve dipped and full beam headlights? Easy to fit?

I have them
I love them
Turns night to day !! No kidding

I have them on a separate push switch on the dash so I have full control. Wired as a totally separate system

On a road vehicle, surely they'd just be wired via a relay to operate with main beam?

Back