Lazer Lamps

@dubber36

I have ordered the grille kit for a T6.1 .

In terms of questions, they recommend a wireless canbus kit which they supply. This way you can connect without affecting your vehicle warranty in theory. The canbus helps connect to existing factory fitted LED headlights and allows it to operate with the vehicle main/low beam system. You can check their website. VW Transporter T6.1 Grille Kit - Volkswagen - Integration Kits - Products .

Not cheap, I will agree, but I prefer the idea of supporting a local business (original home, not current home). Plus they have the EU certifications in place for legal road use - this last part was important to me.

Knowing that they meet road legal requirements. I couldn't see that EU statement with the other vehicle LED manufacturer/re-seller versions? Most appear to have the words "work light" in the headline description which suggest closer scrutiny required to be more comfortable. Off-road and farm use, I would assume no issues, but I fit neither of those two categories. Lazer Lamps: Be Street Legal .

In Austria one of their local dealers fit Laser Lamp LED's to first responder vehicles, so that also says something to me in terms of quality and respect - many on the forum may differ from my opinion here. But, a lot of first responders have the budget to choose whatever they want and these LED's are on the option list. They will also test the lights in more extreme circumstances than the average user I would guess too? Kapitel 11 Innen- und Umfeldbeleuchtung .

There is a 4 week lead time on orders for the grille kit. Added to that the vehicle itself is not ready for delivery/collection before the end of May 2020. So I'll let you know in June perhaps how it all goes?

And no, I have no link whatsoever to Laser Lamp LED, it was just my choice after looking around at what's on offer myself. My VW Dealer has also offered to supply and fit the same grille kit. So I will likely ask them to fit the lights when the vehicle is ready to leave the showroom. Mainly to feel more comfortable on the warranty side of a new vehicle. If they are happy to fit the kit, they would tell me if it was a mistake (yes, I did ask the question).

Everything is a personal choice and compromise amongst competing options. You would have to do your own research as to what is best for you. Luckily forums like this exist to share experiences and thoughts.

Why shouldn't they be? If they are only on with main beam, no one will ever see them.

My mate has a bit more road legal lighting on his pair of T-Cabs

T Cabs.jpg

How secure and stable are these lights when fitted in the grille. I saw some at Busfest last year and the grille seemed to have quite a bit of flex in it due to the sections being cut out. The same thing with a Transit I looked at the other day. I'd hate to spend the money and have super bright lights that shake about.

Good question, I thought the same when I looked, surely must be fixed elsewhere other than the plastic grill??

What is the fit like? As I said earlier in the thread, the ones I saw at a show looked to be a bit wobbly as the grille had some flex in it. How steady are they? Nothing worse than bright lights that shake about.

It’s good to see the road ahead but I don’t need to see what the birds are doing in the tree tops. Overkill IMO.

1606816887152.jpeg

Wired in as per instructions that came with the lights. If you use automatic light function it will work in that set up or by switching the side light on the position lights in the laser lamps come on,go to dip light n only the position light stay on go to main n laser light are full beam. Hope this helps . If u want the option of a switch to control main beam then put a switch in so you can then use only factory fitted lamps at one time .

Just to add to that, the Lazer lights have position lights as well as full bore main beams.

I have found them for £496.20 inc VAT from Nicky Grist, so I'm hovering over the button right now. I just need to find a Highline grille as I'm buggered if I'm cutting up my Caravelle one.

Just to add to that, the Lazer lights have position lights as well as full bore main beams.

I have found them for £496.20 inc VAT from Nicky Grist, so I'm hovering over the button right now. I just need to find a Highline grille as I'm buggered if I'm cutting up my Caravelle one.

I've got a Highline grill already cut for them
Its coloue coded Iridum Grey though !!

I swapped for a caravelle grill and cut it up !

Back