Leisure Battery Charging

The double pole one will break both the live and neutral in the event of a fault. This removes the possibility of there being a live conductor present on the circuit in the event of a reversed polarity of the incoming supply.

The double pole one will break both the live and neutral in the event of a fault. This removes the possibility of there being a live conductor present on the circuit in the event of a reversed polarity of the incoming supply.
Thanks Travelvolts!

I wonder if you could tell me one more thing. My leisure battery apparently won't fit under the driver seat and I wonder if then I could have the charger/inverter and MTTP solar charger attached to the floor under the seat? Can they be attached to the floor or should they be on the wall? Does it actually make any difference?

Thanks Travelvolts!

I wonder if you could tell me one more thing. My leisure battery apparently won't fit under the driver seat and I wonder if then I could have the charger/inverter and MTTP solar charger attached to the floor under the seat? Can they be attached to the floor or should they be on the wall? Does it actually make any difference?

Is it a gel battery? If so, does it fit if you mount it on it’s side?

Just had Martin from travellvolts fit my split charge system I’m so pleased I got him to do it he knows his stuff and is really nice man

2754E509-0A67-4160-ACAD-BC70B0EBA180.jpeg

Thanks Travelvolts!

Those items are best mounted on the sides of the seat base where possible.

Can anyone put up a list of “Things you need” to complete a full electric set up .
So people like myself can start buying all the correct materials.
Ie lights x 6
Ec155?
Leisure battery ( what size for best power)
Fuse box
Relay etc etc etc
What wires?

Can anyone put up a list of “Things you need” to complete a full electric set up .
So people like myself can start buying all the correct materials.
Ie lights x 6
Ec155?
Leisure battery ( what size for best power)
Fuse box
Relay etc etc etc
What wires?

Thinks you need....

for a T6 you need a DC-DC charger as it has a smart alternator, a VSR won't be suitable.

Leisure battery is whatever size you can fit where you want the battery, I went for a 110ah one from @travelvolts

Fuse box for your 12v distribution, this is connected to your leisure battery +ve terminal.

I fitted an earthing busbar to make things neater and easier for cable routing, Large cable to vehicle earth point and 12v earth points to the busbar.

EC155 is not required, it has a 12v output and a 240v output but in my opinion separate appliances are a better option.

Speak to @travelvolts, Martin stocks all the pieces you need.

Thinks you need....

for a T6 you need a DC-DC charger as it has a smart alternator, a VSR won't be suitable.

Leisure battery is whatever size you can fit where you want the battery, I went for a 110ah one from @travelvolts

Fuse box for your 12v distribution, this is connected to your leisure battery +ve terminal.

I fitted an earthing busbar to make things neater and easier for cable routing, Large cable to vehicle earth point and 12v earth points to the busbar.

EC155 is not required, it has a 12v output and a 240v output but in my opinion separate appliances are a better option.

Speak to @travelvolts, Martin stocks all the pieces you need.
I've wrote down all them items i need and i will just do it the way you did , so will this be suffice to run usbs , lights and maybe a microwave,im not having a cooker or sink etc so basic sockets etc obv ill have to buy usbs and sockets

A microwave................. The microwave will only be possible when on hook up. Why do you want a microwave anyway???

I have USB's, LED's, compressor fridge, water pump, eberspacher all running off my leisure battery. Make sure you fuse them all correctly and you'll be fine.

A microwave................. The microwave will only be possible when on hook up. Why do you want a microwave anyway???

I have USB's, LED's, compressor fridge, water pump, eberspacher all running off my leisure battery. Make sure you fuse them all correctly and you'll be fine.
Haha microwave ? Just cos it looks good as im not having a hob on top itll be bench space and what else am i to put in the hole where the griil/microwave goes?

You can run a microwave off an inverter (I do in my T5.1 work van) but you need a big inverter around 1600w & a small microwave, around 650-700w. The startup current for the microwave is brutal. Personally I wouldn't bother in a camper, gas or a portable induction ring would be more practical imo.

Back