Lithium LifePo4 12v Batteries - Time For An Upgrade?

I ordered these off Fleebay. The posts fit the thread on the Renogy 100ah LiFePo4 battery I've just recieved.
Yeah I bought some of them 1st but they didn’t fit the Renogy battery I was supplied with!

They are the ‘normal’ battery thread pitch which you’d expect to fit, but didn’t.

It seems not ‘all’ Renogy battery terminals are the same

Just measuring with verniers to check but looks like my threads are the size stated in the manual for the battery. M8 x 1.25 x 15mm (M8 course)
Wonder if you've got M8 x 1.0 x 15mm (M8 fine).
Yeah I bought some of them 1st but they didn’t fit the Renogy battery I was supplied with!

They are the ‘normal’ battery thread pitch which you’d expect to fit, but didn’t.

It seems not ‘all’ Renogy battery terminals are the same

@Dieseldonkey
My battery’s threads are def m8 x 1.0 & fit.

The std posts I got off eBay & 12Volt planet were coarser 1.25mm thread & didn’t fit.

Last edited:
D521D851-E753-4F4F-AB62-C0A6CE364D58.jpeg

L to R
eBay post M8x1.25, cap head M8 supplied with 12Volt planet post M8x1.25, M8 x1.0 used in the 12Volt planet post that fits, Renogy hex head M8 x1.0mm sat in 12Voltplanet post to hold it up & still

Last edited:
Many thanks to @Dellmassive ……..

Just did a quick drive to Leeds ….The Guys at Roamer ( @RoamerBatteries ) are very helpful…:thumbsup:

So I’m joining the LifePO4 club….Here starts the Journey…..

the biggest change for me so far is the weight saving. :)

FE81C10C-E909-4E11-8988-9245F9C50B71.jpegD053AB74-8564-4F52-909F-99A5C93E159E.jpeg25849F0D-0BEE-4F15-82CD-23DBBF553E6A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a Lithium battery for seat base, one installer has quoted for a eco tree 110a, iv not heard of this manufacturer myself, , is it a ok battery
Ta

Looking for a Lithium battery for seat base, one installer has quoted for a eco tree 110a, iv not heard of this manufacturer myself, , is it a ok battery
Ta
Never heard of it. Got a link?

I’m just working out what setup I need for my day van, I was planning on going with an Ecoflow and powering all electrics from that.

But.. Because I’m installing a night heater, I’m going to need to install a battery, maybe a LiFeP04 (50-100ah?) leisure battery, and then I’m going to need a split charger or Solar charger to keep it topped up… Since the Ecoflow won’t be in the van all the time.

I’m wanting to install it under the passenger seat. I don’t need anything too big as it’s only to power the heater and lights in the back.

Could I use the power pack to top up the leisure battery if needed via a 12v 10amp socket if I was on a campsite? Would I need a specific charger for this?

I’ve also seen a different battery pack with a 12v 25amp connection, would this be a better choice?

I’m just working out what setup I need for my day van, I was planning on going with an Ecoflow and powering all electrics from that.

But.. Because I’m installing a night heater, I’m going to need to install a battery, maybe a LiFeP04 (50-100ah?) leisure battery, and then I’m going to need a split charger or Solar charger to keep it topped up… Since the Ecoflow won’t be in the van all the time.

I’m wanting to install it under the passenger seat. I don’t need anything too big as it’s only to power the heater and lights in the back.

Could I use the power pack to top up the leisure battery if needed via a 12v 10amp socket if I was on a campsite? Would I need a specific charger for this?

I’ve also seen a different battery pack with a 12v 25amp connection, would this be a better choice?

sure:

choose your lithium . . . look for a 100Ah one to start with. - Seat Base Electric + EHU + Solar Install + Charger + DC-DC -- How We Done it --

get a dc-dc charger fitted (not a VSR) - that will charge the battery when the engine is running - [Guide] DC-DC Charger (for leisure battery) -- How I Done It --

look at adding some mobile solar - [Guide] Mobile Solar Panels ? . . . - How I Did It -

yes you can use a power pack to charge the battery, but not directly, you need to use a smart charger - [Guide] Battery Maintainer (for Starter battery) -- How I Done It --

Yeah, connecting one battery to another (especially lithium) can result in large current flows, possibly more than the 25A your second option offers. Cue blown fuses.
I have second hand knowledge of someone off YouTube (Scottish bloke with a Lancastrian (?) wife) who did a video praising the ecoflow (dare I say because they were given it) but found it wouldn't power their fridge overnight. I did try to work out what the Ah of the battery in the ecoflow would have been and I think it came out around 70Ah, maybe less.

Yeah, connecting one battery to another (especially lithium) can result in large current flows, possibly more than the 25A your second option offers. Cue blown fuses.
I have second hand knowledge of someone off YouTube (Scottish bloke with a Lancastrian (?) wife) who did a video praising the ecoflow (dare I say because they were given it) but found it wouldn't power their fridge overnight. I did try to work out what the Ah of the battery in the ecoflow would have been and I think it came out around 70Ah, maybe less.
I’ve been following this thread for awhile and realise I’m not a tech head, I’m going down the road of installing a

Bluetti AC200MAX.​

I have the factory battery under the seat and think this extra unit can up my power big time without burning out cables and fuses
I like the idea it’s portable if needed and comes with good specs
The idea is for extended off grid wild camping with solar most times
Charging from the van alternator will be a task to solve

Charging from the van alternator will be a task to solve

- im working on a fix for that.

the internal battery pack is 48/56v,

so im looking at using a 12-24/36/48v step up converter.

we should be able to boost the 100w input limit up to 300W.

+++++++++++

fwiw - it looks like Bluetti already sell there own version called a power optimizer, but they want big dollars for it.

im working on a more affordable option.

and it should work with most power backs.

+++++++++++

@Dellmassive. Lee - As you might recall from my posts a month or so ago ('Leisure Battery Cream Crackered'), I need a new battery (and DC-DC charger) and feel that I might need to move quickly on one of these before they all go! I'd be really grateful if you could give the 1 minute lesson on the differences between 'smart', 'bluetooth' and self heating versions. I'm guessing the they all have bluetooth to tell you the charge state and health details but I'm wondering whether I need the other stuff, particularly 'self heating'. FWIW, my van is parked outside in all weathers and I tend to leave it on EHU most of the time it's parked on the drive. I've only just started to look at the stuff but there seem to be three main candidates for the battery - Renogy, Roamer and Fogstar but this offer for Renogy could just eliminate the other two.

As always, thanks in advance and apologies in advance for what will be the inevitable idiot questions when I eventually come to install the new stuff]!

Reactions: Bav
@Ayjay

renogy smart come in two versions, standard and heated. - you need to the BT2 Bluetooth module for them to work with the APP.

you can use the standard version in the UK, Heated is only necessary if you say in the Alps etc with constant extreme temps.

see mine here:

standard - Lithium LifePo4 12v Batteries - Time For An Upgrade?

heated - Low temperature lithium battery

1689159612348.png1689159642037.png

+++++++++++

the renogy BT version has built in BT,

its a larger case

it has different cell tech and quotes lass charge cycles.

see mine:

BT version - Lithium LifePo4 12v Batteries - Time For An Upgrade?

1689159666085.png

++++++++++++

I've had all three and they are all very good.

1689159678383.png

++++++++++++

i would recommend the standard 100ah Smart version with the BT2 module

1689159777208.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and BT2m module for the APP.

1689159831348.png

you can also go direct to Renogy and use a discount code:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1689160073918.png

Back