Show us your 17s

@jimthevan What are those wheel nut you have there pal? Are they actual nuts or covers?

Looking at some Katos and want black nuts.

Also a question for everyone....I have read a lot of threads and still can't fully undestand the real world difference and reason for choosing 235 over 225 or vice versa - is it just looks or are there any real performance differences and reasons you choose one over the other?

T30 long wheel base with full camper conversion going to CRS prior to fitting the wheels so assuming Steve will be able to fit either of these easy enough. I'm currently on Stance + coilovers which are just too low, so although it will be slightly lowered from stock by CRS...it'll be higher than it currently is.

I'm going to flip a coin to decide between....

Falken Wildpeak 235/65/17 108XL H (or 225 version Falken Wildpeak 225/65/17 102 H)
OR
Michelin CC2 SUV 235/65/17 108XL W (or 225 version Michelin CC2 SUV 225/65/17 102 H)

I know I need at least 101 load rating which all these tyres have and even the H speed rating is plenty for my 110bhp van - Its really just the 225 vs 235 thas has me unsure.

Any advice/experience appreciated. Thanks.
225/65R17 FALKEN A/T TRAIL 106H XL were fine for load and speed. Good on 110 bhp and quiet too. I don't see the point of getting a camper that's going to be going to fields and not having semi-decent AT tyres personally.

@jimthevan What are those wheel nut you have there pal? Are they actual nuts or covers?

Looking at some Katos and want black nuts.

Also a question for everyone....I have read a lot of threads and still can't fully undestand the real world difference and reason for choosing 235 over 225 or vice versa - is it just looks or are there any real performance differences and reasons you choose one over the other?

T30 long wheel base with full camper conversion going to CRS prior to fitting the wheels so assuming Steve will be able to fit either of these easy enough. I'm currently on Stance + coilovers which are just too low, so although it will be slightly lowered from stock by CRS...it'll be higher than it currently is.

I'm going to flip a coin to decide between....

Falken Wildpeak 235/65/17 108XL H (or 225 version Falken Wildpeak 225/65/17 102 H)
OR
Michelin CC2 SUV 235/65/17 108XL W (or 225 version Michelin CC2 SUV 225/65/17 102 H)

I know I need at least 101 load rating which all these tyres have and even the H speed rating is plenty for my 110bhp van - Its really just the 225 vs 235 thas has me unsure.

Any advice/experience appreciated. Thanks.
Hi they are just black nut covers on the OEM bolts

Just done 2k miles on the Falken 235s and they are great on the road not much off road action yet. Slight drop in MPG I think

Great setup! I’ve been looking at Kato wheel/tyre combos and 245/65/17 seems to be the default. Any benefits of 235?
In a nutshell, they won't rub and the speedo won't under read!

You can certainly get away with 245/65 but they may rub, especially if lowered (that's a another subject...).
Depending on wheel spec you could probably make a 235 rub to be fair but most transporter specific wheels seem to be ok.

235/65 seems to be the Goldilocks size and corrects the optimistic OEM speedo calibration for a 17" chassis.

Has anyone got these fitted to their van? (Even better if your vans in grey!)

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 23.13.09.png

Looking to get a new set of wheels before the end of the month after spending too many months contemplating.

Deciding between:
The modular steel beadlock above.
Tomahawk Kato
Navis Gelida

All will have Falken Wildpeaks on after seeing so many great reviews on this forum!

Picture of the Van for reference.

69D23CBA-299B-4724-BD23-5E88FBD53FC3.JPG

Back