Show Us Your Old Pride And Joy Cars From Yesteryears

I was just referring to the black supra being a left hooker and from the USA
Yeah your right Drew thats not a picture of my actual car but thats all i could find until i dig out the old albums .

Same colour, RHD , dark tints, 3 piece rims, no side markers on mine , black headlights, relocated indicators , race logic tc , tein coilovers ......
I'd love to still own it .
Storm blue ? Auto or manual? What spec?
I've still got some traction removal kits in stock ....and a front cat and probably more stuff .
I miss mine a lot!

A nice example of the facelift, is that Royal Sapphire Blue?
Top man much appreciated yes it’s RSP Royal Sapphire Pearl Blue to give its full title!
Ah never clocked the left hooker.
Have you done much to the supra?
No mate not at all it’s 98% nut and bolt original minus the wheels/exhaust/seats
Yeah your right Drew thats not a picture of my actual car but thats all i could find until i dig out the old albums .

Same colour, RHD , dark tints, 3 piece rims, no side markers on mine , black headlights, relocated indicators , race logic tc , tein coilovers ......
I'd love to still own it .
Storm blue ? Auto or manual? What spec?
I've still got some traction removal kits in stock ....and a front cat and probably more stuff .
I miss mine a lot!
Fair play sounds nice yeah mine is a 1999 TT6 and hasn’t been out in years as I prefer to be in the bus!

Dad and I had a Robin Hood EXMO for several years. Awesome fun but needed something fettling every 100 miles. In the end we passed it on to a commercial pilot friend of the family who wanted something hands on and oily to counterbalance the increasingly automated day job.
I realised I never actually posted a pic of our pride and joy...

hood-01.jpeg

Was great fun but I was too tall to fit the roof on so a relatively fair weather car though we did have a lower cover.

Had a Ford Pinto 1600 but we never got around to fitting an electric fan in the nose so the airflow around the radiator wasn't great with the basic shaft mounted fan. Meant you could have a bit of fun but then had to cruise at about 40mph for 10 minutes as that was optimal cooling down speed. We did have the heater fitted so passengers had to endure hot knees as it was quite an effective second radiator.

Only serious flaw with the EXMO was the front wheel arms made of folded stainless; eventually the metal hardened around the top shock/spring mount and it would crack. Luckily I joined the Robin Hood forum and found out before it was an issue and had a local garage fabricate and fit a spreader plate.

It weighed very little, was very low and had big boots; flicking it around country lanes and up hill climbs was a whole lot of fun.

A couple of mine.....the ones I miss

My trusty Corsa B Sport. Only a 1.6 16v, but at 21 that thing was like a rocket to me

15th car - Vauxhall corsa 1.6 16v sport .JPG

Then, I went down the classic route, well...more head gasket failure route lol

16th car - Rover tomcat coupe 1.6 16v .JPG

Instant regret selling that, the guy who bought it wheelspun all the way up the street. My jaw hit the floor watching it leave

Moved from this thread that Bav and I mildly hijacked through misty eyed reminiscing...

Hey the current vans are not bad, I remember helping a family member out by doing a few runs for them in the works van that was a VW (whatever it was before the Crafter - I was a SAAB nerd at the time so didn't really notice exactly what it was) and using the throttle was like using the bridge telegraph on a steamship - you had to anticipate the power seemingly minutes in advance.

Spent a good number of hours annoying my passenger by whistling and announcing "full ahead engine room" every time we approached a roundabout.

I said I was a nerd...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bav
...,using the throttle was like using the bridge telegraph on a steamship - you had to anticipate the power seemingly minutes in advance.
Are you referring to the van or to the Saab here? I remember borrowing my boss's Saab 900 Turbo back in the day - flooring the accelerator was akin to being on the Starship Enterprise on impulse power, a few seconds prior to entering warp-factor 9. Took some getting used to, but highly addictive!

Oh no definitely the van, the 9000s were a dream, only switched to Volvo XC70 when some :mad: on a phone in a Fiat Multipla wrote my last one off just after I'd had a ton of "keeping this for then next 100k" work done 3 weeks before by the ex SAAB master tech.

I did take a Viggen for a drive, though I had to be accompanied by a SAAB employee. That was a monster and I kind of wish I had bought one, very much a raw rally setup experience that very brutally made you understand the term "torque steer". Enormous fun though.

I still have dreams, well nightmares really about my Morris Marina in mustard colour that looked like dog sick. The wheel literally fell of it one day. But, soon after a tractor took the whole side off it. Luckily, the passenger side when I was the only occupant. When scrapped the only thing of value was the battery! My excuse is it was all I could afford at the time.

I miss my old Defender ALLOT:
51caa097-1d6b-4783-8410-b3c08f68b832.jpg
A close second would either be my old 106 Rallye:
IMG_2218.JPG
Or Clio Sport:
IMG_0031.JPG

I would buy them all tomorrow for what I sold them for :cry: especially that Defender.

I currently have this as the weekend toy:

A2855930-46A2-4342-A8D8-6003E92E0FC3.jpg

Back