T6.1 new order delays

I don't know why they let you order an 80l tank as they can't fit them due to a bigger adblue tank I ordered it on mine in June 21 and still ended up with a 70l one got a refund from my dealer so I'd check up on that one
Are you absolutely sure about that @Notsobigsi? My order form & delivery invoice confirm I specified and paid for an 80l tank, so I'll be seriously p*ssed-off if it's only got a 70l tank. :mad:

How can I tell, other than filling-up from completely empty (which isn't advisable)? Is there a part number I can check?

I don't know why they let you order an 80l tank as they can't fit them due to a bigger adblue tank I ordered it on mine in June 21 and still ended up with a 70l one got a refund from my dealer so I'd check up on that one
Thanks. I’ll run through my list of extras when I get there Tuesday to make sure everything is fitted but I guess the 80 litre tank will be the hardest to find if fitted. Hopefully there will be some factory paperwork showing it, it shows it on my actual dealer order form.

I just heard from my dealer. My LWB 150DSG Highline that was due end of March is now going into build in the first week of May and could be 4 to 6 weeks from then. Now i'm fuming.

I have the 80 litre tank, twice I’ve filled up with the gauge just under a quarter and got about 60 litres in, range on both occasions was consistent with it being 80 litres.
Van was built Dec 22

I well understand the cynical sentiment towards dealers (I'm currently in dispute with mine), but I find it hard to believe that a dealer would deliberately charge for (or that VW would even offer) an option that can't be fitted to a Euro6 van (i.e. can't be fitted to any T6.1 currently on sale). On that basis, I'm not convinced of the veracity of this.

Are you absolutely sure about that @Notsobigsi? My order form & delivery invoice confirm I specified and paid for an 80l tank, so I'll be seriously p*ssed-off if it's only got a 70l tank. :mad:

How can I tell, other than filling-up from completely empty (which isn't advisable)? Is there a part number I can check?
I discovered filling up from the light coming on was approx 60 ltrs then I risked it by getting to 5 miles on the range and got 68 ltrs in
I was like you had it on the invoice etc the dealers excuse was the larger ad blue tank

I have the 80 litre tank, twice I’ve filled up with the gauge just under a quarter and got about 60 litres in, range on both occasions was consistent with it being 80 litres.
Van was built Dec 22
God knows what's going on as mine was built a few weeks before yours

I well understand the cynical sentiment towards dealers (I'm currently in dispute with mine), but I find it hard to believe that a dealer would deliberately charge for (or that VW would even offer) an option that can't be fitted to a Euro6 van (i.e. can't be fitted to any T6.1 currently on sale). On that basis, I'm not convinced of the veracity of this.
I hear what your saying bav it pisses me off as I had a trafic before with a 90 lt tank and I feel like I'm always at the garage now

Reactions: Bav
Could be that yours is, unfortunately, a miss-build.
If so is it possible for your dealer to retrofit the 80 litre?

Possibly but the reason the dealer gave was due to a larger capacity ad blue tank so no room for the bigger tank
Very odd, as most people ordering a California, spec an 80 litre tank for touring and also using the diesel night heater.
Must be a parts supply issue and the dealers are not telling the truth.

I would say that my vans software doesn’t now recognise the 80 litre tank. I know from near empty it takes 86 litres to fill up so am certainly going to fill it up well before any risk of running out.

AAB22BE8-1B0E-4DC3-9828-D0A10DFACF4B.jpeg1640AC92-9010-4809-925B-939ADAAB5605.jpeg

Hi all, can someone possible shed a little light on the VW price promise. I ordered a Black Edition kombi back in September 2021. I’ve been informed that the order has now gone to status 20 with a build week of 09 and likely to be ready June/July after it’s gone and had all the Sportline stuff added.
The dealer hasn’t mentioned that there will be a price increase on my original order however, is this something that I should expect?
Thanks in advance

80 litres is standard in Oz , it’s the only tank you can get , also rear camera and mud flaps as standard on all models
My van has started in production yesterday

Hi all, can someone possible shed a little light on the VW price promise. I ordered a Black Edition kombi back in September 2021. I’ve been informed that the order has now gone to status 20 with a build week of 09 and likely to be ready June/July after it’s gone and had all the Sportline stuff added.
The dealer hasn’t mentioned that there will be a price increase on my original order however, is this something that I should expect?
Thanks in advance
I didn’t get any price increase on mine, after waiting just over a year for it to arrive. You must have waited a very long time already, I’ve had mine for over 10 months now. My dealer said something about as it wasn’t now available to order they just kept the original price.

Back