VW All-in plan

Helpful thread folks.
Had my T6 booked in for a major service and MOT for tomorrow at John-Clark (Aberdeen VW Dealer) and they called tail end of today advising the All-In deal may be of interest to me, as already committing to big spend. My T6 is a Leighton Van, 4yr old now. Gonna see what Clark’s advise on inspection as it appears a decent value deal for the 2yrs.

Helpful thread folks.
Had my T6 booked in for a major service and MOT for tomorrow at John-Clark (Aberdeen VW Dealer) and they called tail end of today advising the All-In deal may be of interest to me, as already committing to big spend. My T6 is a Leighton Van, 4yr old now. Gonna see what Clark’s advise on inspection as it appears a decent value deal for the 2yrs.
I took advantage of the offer, reading what the guys here were saying. Gave me piece of mind and even if I sell the van, the offer is transferable

Mine has been delayed as I have 15 days left on my factory extended warranty but the all in one check is only valid for 10 days and you can’t start the new one unless it’s within 7 days :rolleyes:

Mine has been delayed as I have 15 days left on my factory extended warranty but the all in one check is only valid for 10 days and you can’t start the new one unless it’s within 7 days :rolleyes:
I wouldn’t worry too much about that @Loz - my warranty had expired and they still signed me up (even with non-OEM suspension and wheels!)

I wouldn’t worry too much about that @Loz - my warranty had expired and they still signed me up (even with non-OEM suspension and wheels!)
It’s not that, it’s the fact I might have to go down again to have the check done closer to the date and thats 5 hours and a day lost.

It’s not that, it’s the fact I might have to go down again to have the check done closer to the date and thats 5 hours and a day lost.
Yes, that is a complete pain!

It’s all down to the quality of service. They are the best for main dealer California stuff and @BognorMotors are the best for non main dealer work. Both are a 2.5 hour drive away for me.

Last edited:
It’s all down to the quality of service. They are the best for main dealer stuff and @BognorMotors are the best for non main dealer work. Both are a 2.5 hour drive away for me.
May be of interest;
I took out my All-in-One plan via Swindon Van Centre a few months ago then had a minor service and MOT done 3 weeks ago.
So far, I'd rate their service and their advice as first-class. I may love to regret saying this but so far, so good.
They offered a complimentary wash and vacuum not only with the service / MOT but also when they did the initial free checkover, van was ready on time, decent waiting area and as a bonus, there's a McDonalds a short walk away!
Regards
Darryl

I've got to think about where I go when I next need anything done to the van as I'm not convinced that I'm going back to Arthur Spriggs in Tewkesbury in a hurry. When I had my All In inspection and service done by them a while ago, I'm convinced that they broke the screens fill cap and scratched the passenger side mirror as I'm 99.9% sure that both were OK when it went in to them. Although I'm usually not shy about complaining when it's deserved, I took the view that it was a bit too late to complain by the time I noticed that things were amiss. Apart from the very cramped parking situation, I found Swindon to be OK and although Poole seems to be a long way to go, I've got a mate down that way and it would be a good excuse to overnight there and have a few beers over catching up.

I've got to think about where I go when I next need anything done to the van as I'm not convinced that I'm going back to Arthur Spriggs in Tewkesbury in a hurry. When I had my All In inspection and service done by them a while ago, I'm convinced that they broke the screens fill cap and scratched the passenger side mirror as I'm 99.9% sure that both were OK when it went in to them. Although I'm usually not shy about complaining when it's deserved, I took the view that it was a bit too late to complain by the time I noticed that things were amiss. Apart from the very cramped parking situation, I found Swindon to be OK and although Poole seems to be a long way to go, I've got a mate down that way and it would be a good excuse to overnight there and have a few beers over catching up.
We make a weekend of it when we visit Breeze and stay at South Lytchett Manor campsite as it is only a 10 minute drive away.

I wasn't aware of this until I saw this thread, cheers!

I've just signed up for it through Marshall Van Centre, Lincoln who were seemingly more pragmatic than others from what I've heard. For context, my van is Leighton spec, so has the 20-inch wheels and Cobra springs on standard shocks and they said it was fine. I dealt with a guy called Craig who was very friendly and helpful.

Sheffield is slightly closer but I haven't heard too many glowing reports and saw others earlier in the thread had been refused cover from there.

I had a major service a few weeks ago, check what is covered ! Haldex oil isn’t, air filter isn’t and only changed at 60k miles. This is way too much so I paid to have it changed. Also I had no screen wash and no adblu when it went in, when it came out it still didn’t have any in ! Pretty shocking really.

Porsche have gone the same way “same company” and I’ve taken that out of the OPC network as they have been doing the checks and offering service packages for years. Same thing it’s a major but things like spark plugs / brake fluid / air filters aren’t covered.

Some bean counters have sat behind desks to come up with this, if it was of benefit to the consumer and cost them they wouldn’t do it. The final contributing factor in taking my 911 out of the main dealer was when I realised that the lad working on it got a bonus for finishing it early and doing another and using parts outside the specified criteria and not using parts in it !

I want to share my experience regarding non-standard vans. I’ve heard reports that vans will fail the eligibility check with certain mods, especially suspension. I had the eligibility done on Monday with my MOT as my van is 3years old on Sat with 90k miles. It passed no problem, with Stance+ coilovers lowered 80mm, 18” wheels, spacers, aftermarket headlights and full camper conversion including windows and pop top. They checked the service history (all independent garage) and they had no issue with this either. They asked if the engine was standard which it is. Will be purchasing the plan once my van ticks over 3 years.

Edit: as per later request my very pragmatic dealer is Sinclair Van Centre Cardiff, i’m usually critical of dealerships, but these guys are spot on.

Last edited:
I want to share my experience regarding non-standard vans. I’ve heard reports that vans will fail the eligibility check with certain mods, especially suspension. I had the eligibility done on Monday with my MOT as my van is 3years old on Sat with 90k miles. It passed no problem, with Stance+ coilovers lowered 80mm, 18” wheels, spacers, aftermarket headlights and full camper conversion including windows and pop top. They checked the service history (all independent garage) and they had no issue with this either. They asked if the engine was standard which it is. Will be purchasing the plan once my van ticks over 3 years.
Name for fame (see what I did there) the dealer with the pragmatic outlook!

I just wish my closest dealer was more pragmatic :rolleyes: I’m pleased others are getting the cover but it just makes no sense why some dealers provide cover and others don’t when it’s not the garage themselves that pay for the warranty work.

Last edited:
Back