VW All-in plan

Name for fame (see what I did there) the dealer with the pragmatic outlook!
Sinclair Cardiff. I've had my van since Feb and they've been superstars with the warranty work. Initially EGR issues they flushed the system, replaced pipework and updated software. Never been an issue since. Couple of months ago i got a very slight sensation that the DMF was on its way. Replaced no quibble, they even let me buy a new clutch kit and installed FOC at the same time as the warranty DMF. And when it was in monday for service and MOT the tech noticed a slight noise from the aux belt (i didnt report it) “belt and tensioner replaced under warranty sir”
Theyve been spot on. I didnt expect to pass the eligibility check for the all-in, based on other experience. However, I've been assured the van is eligible, and i’ll get a call in a few days when the van is 3 years to go through the paperwork and payment. That re-map I've been planning might have to wait.:slow rofl:

I just wish my closest dealer was more pragmatic :rolleyes: I’m pleased others are getting the cover but it just makes no sense why some dealers provide cover and others don’t when it’s not the garage themselves that pay for the warranty work.
Exactly, which is why it is good to reveal the different approaches. It still leaves us with the dilemma of those dealers who agree for easy money and those who know what they’re doing. That’s a different matter though. I was lucky because @Andyman could recommend a dealer to me

Sinclair Cardiff. I've had my van since Feb and they've been superstars with the warranty work. Initially EGR issues they flushed the system, replaced pipework and updated software. Never been an issue since. Couple of months ago i got a very slight sensation that the DMF was on its way. Replaced no quibble, they even let me buy a new clutch kit and installed FOC at the same time as the warranty DMF. And when it was in monday for service and MOT the tech noticed a slight noise from the aux belt (i didnt report it) “belt and tensioner replaced under warranty sir”
Theyve been spot on. I didnt expect to pass the eligibility check for the all-in, based on other experience. However, I've been assured the van is eligible, and i’ll get a call in a few days when the van is 3 years to go through the paperwork and payment. That re-map I've been planning might have to wait.
Wow! Now I am surprised they rejected you!!! (Re-map is different!!!)

Edit: I misread that! I thought you had been rejected! Ignore me

Booked in Monday at Southampton Breeze for a service and the eligibility check for the All In Plan , be interested to see what they say about the SoLows.

Reading this thread I feel pretty confident it should pass..... Fingers Crossed!

Bare in mind that you cannot set up the ALL-in-One if any of the existing warranty or VW assist or a service plan is still active.
... and the Inspection certificate is only valid for 7-10 days.

Last edited:
Yes I fell foul of this. I have an approved used warranty which doesn’t expire until Feb.

Mine was in for the eligibility check last week. They found a few things which were of interest:
1) noise from either the timing or aux belt
2) air con gas low

Interesting as both these were supposedly sorted as part of the sales prep of the vehicle by another dealer when I bought the van in August!

Also:
Near side headlight is throwing a fault code for auto levelling and something to do with distance.
Which makes sense as a few people flashed me when I was driving tonight, so suspect the beam is too high. (Factory LEDs so bright as the sun). Strangely no warning on the dash which I would have expected.

Good news is that since it’s under warranty they can jolly well fix it all, so it’s booked in again next week!

Booked in Monday at Southampton Breeze for a service and the eligibility check for the All In Plan , be interested to see what they say about the SoLows.

Reading this thread I feel pretty confident it should pass..... Fingers Crossed!
Im confident that if you have a sensible dealer you’ll be ok. Mine passed on Stance coilovers but some others with aftermarket suspension haven't. In my mind the suspension isnt covered by warranty anyway so it’s unreasonable to fail it on aftermarket suspension (likely covered by its own manufacturer warranty). Any issue, take a daytrip to Cardiff.

So today was the day. Got the news I was hoping for, the All In Plan inspection passed and they even give me this little beauty for the day

0C62716E-2181-4835-8649-80F58BBA3D3F.jpeg

Ha ha ha! What did you think of it?!!
It’s pretty decent to be fair, not sure on the spec but it’s fully loaded, has xenon’s, parking sensors, lane assist etc and a pretty Gucci touch screen dash,heating controls and lights, no dials at all!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, I got the discount rate last week, VWFS have an offer at the moment, I was told.

What's the significance of the inspection cert being valid for 7-10 days ? Do you have to just sign up within this period?

Back