VW All-in plan

What's the significance of the inspection cert being valid for 7-10 days ? Do you have to just sign up within this period?
Yep, otherwise they have to “re-check” the vehicle! I had a challenge about non-OEM suspension and non-OEM brakes binding - both of which were sorted during that window!

So mine was in for Service (last of plan) Cambelt, water pump, DSG and Haldex oil changes.
When I got there to book it in and run through what was to be done etc. the service guy said "has the brake fluid been changed, as that will fail the all-in-one inspection", so I had to have that done as well, only £55 but it begs the question; if they consider it a service item that should have been done, why is not done on the service plan!

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
So mine was in for Service (last of plan) Cambelt, water pump, DSG and Haldex oil changes.
When I got there to book it in and run through what was to be done etc. the service guy said "has the brake fluid been changed, as that will fail the all-in-one inspection", so I had to have that done as well, only £55 but it begs the question; if they consider it a service item that should have been done, why is not done on the service plan!
Weird! How utterly weird!!!

but they did’t mention aircon, I think I would have reached for my ipad showed them the vw service schedule If they tried that as well.

I've just re-read the thread. Would a fair summary be the following:-
The current discounted All In rate offers good value for a 2 year extended warranty and the roadside assistance.
Work not included as part of the 2 included services (of which there is a list) or additional services you want, can be carried out by an independent as long as correctly documented.
My Kombi is stock but non oem parts like suspension may mean some dealers wont offer the All In plan but once accepted wont invalidate the warranty.

The rub is you have to deal with the stealers for another 2 years, who in my experience at Liverpool and Stoke with small warranty issues have been poor which have taken a long time to resolve and wasted a lot of my time.
But on the other hand the T6 is has some inherent faults which cost a lot to fix if you are unfortunate enough to have problems.

Fair summary?

I've just re-read the thread. Would a fair summary be the following:-
The current discounted All In rate offers good value for a 2 year extended warranty and the roadside assistance.
Work not included as part of the 2 included services (of which there is a list) or additional services you want, can be carried out by an independent as long as correctly documented.
My Kombi is stock but non oem parts like suspension may mean some dealers wont offer the All In plan but once accepted wont invalidate the warranty.

The rub is you have to deal with the stealers for another 2 years, who in my experience at Liverpool and Stoke with small warranty issues have been poor which have taken a long time to resolve and wasted a lot of my time.
But on the other hand the T6 is has some inherent faults which cost a lot to fix if you are unfortunate enough to have problems.

Fair summary?
Excellent summary!

Having read that the new T7 Multivan won’t be initially launched with 4 motion I decided to get my 2016 204 4 motion Caravelle checked for the All in and keep it until the 4 motion is available. Despite it being fully serviced by VW, annually rather than long life, and only done 58,000 miles it failed!
Problems were split EGR pipe, which I got them to change, oil leaking from DSG gearbox, oil leaking from crankshaft and power steering pump leak. I had also mentioned that it was starting to need regular oil top ups and they advised that there is a known problem with early 204 engines which could mean it will need a new engine. Checked previous posts and it looks likely VW will only offer a contribution towards this. Not impressed at all having previously owned a T5 and T5.1 with no major problems and now questioning why I would buy another VW if their quality has sunk this low.

• Sad
Having read that the new T7 Multivan won’t be initially launched with 4 motion I decided to get my 2016 204 4 motion Caravelle checked for the All in and keep it until the 4 motion is available. Despite it being fully serviced by VW, annually rather than long life, and only done 58,000 miles it failed!
Problems were split EGR pipe, which I got them to change, oil leaking from DSG gearbox, oil leaking from crankshaft and power steering pump leak. I had also mentioned that it was starting to need regular oil top ups and they advised that there is a known problem with early 204 engines which could mean it will need a new engine. Checked previous posts and it looks likely VW will only offer a contribution towards this. Not impressed at all having previously owned a T5 and T5.1 with no major problems and now questioning why I would buy another VW if their quality has sunk this low.
Jeez wept! That’s appalling. The only ones who’ve touched the van are VW and they can’t warrant their own work! You couldn’t make that up

I was quoted £480 for them to supply and fit a timing belt and water pump and coolant on my 09 plate window van . That was at Vw lookers Glasgow.

Jeez wept! That’s appalling. The only ones who’ve touched the van are VW and they can’t warrant their own work! You couldn’t make that up
Yes, has certainly opened my eyes to just how poor VW are now. Problem is no one else does a 4 motion/4wd vehicle that can carry the kit a Caravelle does, so really don’t know what to do.

Yes, has certainly opened my eyes to just how poor VW are now. Problem is no one else does a 4 motion/4wd vehicle that can carry the kit a Caravelle does, so really don’t know what to do.
Go talk to a different dealer

Finally managed to sign up for the All In Plan. As suggested I tried another dealer and non OEM suspension appears not to be no problem to most dealers except Sheffield JCT600.

The stealers need to cop on to themselves and provide a more consistent service and approach. What’s happening here is consumers are nominating dealers worth dealing with!

Mercedes Sprinter do a 4x4.....cough, splutter...:giggle:

Only just become aware of this. My van is a 2017 102 converted by Camper King. It ended it's dealer used warranty last month and I put it through it's first (full) service + cam belt at an independent. I've just booked it in for the inspection with Heritage in Bristol. Considering I've had the full service done already and have alternative breakdown cover, does this still seem like a worthwhile deal? Rough calculations are looking like after the service and MOT, I'll be getting a 2 year warranty for around £400, which seems pretty good unless I'm missing something.

Back