Yes they just snap into any empty slots doesnt matter which numbers you use really just put them all next to each other, when all three are in push the purple tab in flush and that will double lock the crimps into place

It looks like you have bought a totally empty fusebox and not the 'add a fusebox' part that you would need for a towbar, the unit you normally get hasd a power rail on one side of the fuses and a power lead/fuse to run back to the main battery ??

Hmmm
Thanks guys.
I didnt buy the add a fuse box part as I assumed having the fuse rail already under the seat would be sufficient.
Reading other threads, I do have the random taped up larger cable.
Can I Bodge and use the cables from the random taped up cables? Will they be live from factory? (Not at the van now until early morning)
It will only be for tomorrow using then towbar then will sort and order proper fuse box extension.

Right I have gone down and wired them to the 15amp fuses using some insulated spade connectors. Hopefully that will be ok. The random cables were live so all good there. I will order the extension fuse box now and get that sorted when it arrives.

Right ok. Have gone to order this extension kit. It looks just like what I already have minus the colour slightly different.
I have both the single fuse and the fuse rail under the seat, van is a shuttle but it does not have a buzz rail so to speak, seems the 2 fuses already in place are wired individually.
Towbar Electics Extension Kit VW T5 2010–2015 VW T6 2015 on - 321455300001, - :: Just Kampers

Unsure what I will gain by buying the extension. Is there something else I need to get instead?

Hi There ,
I red all the towbar treads but didnt found those few answers.
I bought a genuine vw towbar kit for a T6 2015 , it seems to be the same as the westfalia .
The connection to the front fusebox ,the point 17 in the instructions, is it supposed to remove the camber 30 or the camber 22 for the T6 ? Can anybody confirm the camber 30 is the right thing to do?
thanks.
Also under one of the seats I have a connector that belongs to this wiring kit but the explanations didnt mention this one . Its a black connector with a yellow and brown/white wire , do you know what is the porpose of that one
Thank you

Lovro

IMG_9635.jpeg

Can you post up the instructions you are looking at?

Regs the plug under the seat,i believe this picks up on a fog light feed. Some early vehicles need it, later ones obtain status from the can bus instead.

The point 17 is now the problem . I have a blue/black wire to insert in the fuse box in a camber 22 or camber 30 but on both positions there isn't a blue/black wire.
On chamber 22 there is a 5A fuse with a red wire and 12v stady output . On the chamber 30 there is a 10v fuse with a thin red/white line .
A blue black wire in the fuse box is in a complete different position .

20170826_160411.jpg

20170826_160427.jpg

20170826_160431.jpg

Reading those instructions I would say ignore chamber 22. The instructions say chamber 22 for a T5 GP, but you've got a T6, so chamber 30 is correct for you. It doesn't say what colour the existing wire going into chamber 30 is, it just asks you to remove it, plug it into the 1-pin housing on your harness. Plug your black/blue wire into chamber chamber 30 and then connect the one pin housings together.

ok..so i think they are trying to pick up on an ignition live feed to power the tow bar module.

How interpret those instructions (which i agree are confusing!) is if you have a T5..use fuse 22, if t6 use fuse 30 (and on the 3rd line where it mentions 22, it really mean 30). The reference to the black/blue wire is from the towbar harness and not the the vehicle wire colours.

i was a bit slow typing there...but it sounds like we are all in agreement!

as an electrical guy, i'd much rather a wiring diagram and an end goal as opposed to the painting by numbers approach some instructions take...which as demonstrated here can be confusing.

Hi I’m looking to buy a westfalia fixed or detachable tow-bar for my T6 2017 T32 highline Kombi SWB but unsure which model number/code is the correct one.
Please can anyone advise on this matter.
Many thanks
Pete

Not sure of the code but getting mine from ebay from PF Jones (p.fjones user ID on ebay)

Detachable bar is £195 with free delivery. Also do wiring kits. You could always message them to confirm correct part.

Ian

Thanks for the replies guys.I will check them out hopefully they stock Westfalia.
Also seen some 2nd hand on eBay saying t5/t6
Wasn’t sure they were universal

This is what I ordered from PF Jones. That price included wiring and fitting.

Pete

Image 03-02-2020 at 21.11.jpeg

Back