What Have You Bought Today?

a
Look forward to hearing how you get on and rate it. I've been eyeing up that upgrade!
It took me pretty much all weekend to fit it all, and I'm not convinced I have it all set up properly yet, but so far I'm really impressed with it. The head unit it great and wireless Android Auto is brilliant. Sound wise it sounds much better than it did before, but i need to do some tweaking to get it sounding just right I think. Overall I'm really happy with it and with the service provided by Jason at Absolut5.

rcd330 From Travelinlite. excited to have Android Auto. Looked at aftermarket and it turned into a minefield of adapters and harnesses to get them working.

rcd330 From Travelinlite. excited to have Android Auto. Looked at aftermarket and it turned into a minefield of adapters and harnesses to get them working.
Did you check to see if you needed the antenna adapter? I need it for mine.

If they could just add DAB and another USB socket or card slot for audio input, I would happily pay double the current asking price.

Did you check to see if you needed the antenna adapter? I need it for mine.

I didn't check. i just presumed it came with it? did you get yours from them?

@T6 LeeHam. I bought mine last Thursday. It doesn’t come with it.
For the cost of £10 I bought it just encase I needed it and I did.

Good for my needs.
Looks like a factory unit and doesn’t stand out within the dash.
Apple CarPlay for sat nav works well.
Audible (via CarPlay) works well for audio books.
I don’t listen to the radio too much but that’s seems to work well too. No static/signal issues either.
Steering controls all work.
My only issue is that there is a power logo on the volume dial. Changing the volume makes the logo wonky. Trivial I know.

Good for my needs.
Looks like a factory unit and doesn’t stand out within the dash.
Apple CarPlay for sat nav works well.
Audible (via CarPlay) works well for audio books.
I don’t listen to the radio too much but that’s seems to work well too. No static/signal issues either.
Steering controls all work.
My only issue is that there is a power logo on the volume dial. Changing the volume makes the logo wonky. Trivial I know.
Trivial…!! That dial is the single worst part of any Vag car imo.

I put an RCD510 in the Polo to replace the RCD310. The Polo doesn't have a MFSW, so I swapped the power knob off the 510 with the right hand knob off the 310. Those just pull off, so you may be able to do the same.

I always have it set at 12 O'clock and use the buttons on the steering wheel. Bugs me no end when a passenger adjusts the volume with the dial.
On my old polo It came off when i was hoovering, just clips in so i might be tempted to take it out and spray it haha

Back