What Have You Bought Today?

A Cadac 2-Cook 2 Pro Deluxe from Go Outdoors for £80!

872BD269-C8DA-48C7-9A4B-21D3A4CBE8A1.jpeg

Price matched to BBQ Land then 10% off for being in the Camping & Caravan Club!

A Cadac 2-Cook 2 Pro Deluxe from Go Outdoors for £80!

View attachment 157782

Price matched to BBQ Land then 10% off for being in the Camping & Caravan Club!

tempted!!

A Ducksback bag for the Thetford toilet - I was really impressed with the quality for £22.
To be honest, we put the toilet in the van every time we go away but on the day that we bought it, we both agreed that it would only ever be used in cases of dire emergency and that day has never arisen (at least not yet it hasn't!). I bought the bag on the basis that if you're going to haul something like that around, you might as well do it in something reasonably stylish (as opposed to the horribly branded Sports Direct 'bag for life' that we've always used to date).

Last edited:
A Ducksback bag for the Thetford toilet - I was really impressed with the quality for £24:
To be honest, we put the toilet in the van every time we go away but on the day that we bought it, we both agreed that it would only ever be used in cases of dire emergency and that day has never arisen (at least not yet it hasn't!). I bought the bag on the basis that if you're going to haul something like that around, you might as well do it in something reasonably stylish (as opposed to the horribly branded Sports Direct 'bag for life' that we've always used to date).
Like it!

A Ducksback bag for the Thetford toilet - I was really impressed with the quality for £24:
Cheers for the link, ordered

I have in the past used an orange coloured wire tie twisted onto my steering wheel to remind me that something needs doing before I drive off, such as pop top down, EHU disconnected etc. It has worked well (ish). One thing I do seem to forget is the driveway awning. I disconnect it, removing the figure of 8, roll back the tunnel but twice now, I have driven away, got to my destination and notice the kador strip is still in my rail, doh!. Last week in Canterbury as we drove off the site, we passed some folks who were waving at us. We waved back. I think they may have been telling me something!

So, now I will have these Velcro strips that I can write on what I need to remove and loop them around the steering wheel.

I might even do one for me reminding me to do up my fly. It would save my wife having to constantly tell me but as they are only 8" long, I'm not sure what I would loop it around..:eek:

From this...
IMG_2598.JPG

To this...

IMG_2599.JPG

I have in the past used an orange coloured wire tie twisted onto my steering wheel to remind me that something needs doing before I drive off, such as pop top down, EHU disconnected etc. It has worked well (ish). One thing I do seem to forget is the driveway awning. I disconnect it, removing the figure of 8, roll back the tunnel but twice now, I have driven away, got to my destination and notice the kador strip is still in my rail, doh!. Last week in Canterbury as we drove off the site, we passed some folks who were waving at us. We waved back. I think they may have been telling me something!

So, now I will have these Velcro strips that I can write on what I need to remove and loop them around the steering wheel.

I might even do one for me reminding me to do up my fly. It would save my wife having to constantly tell me but as they are only 8" long, I'm not sure what I would loop it around..:eek:

From this...
View attachment 157918

To this...

View attachment 157919

You’ve missed out the one for the wife and kids ;)
And empty the thunder box. God forbid you have to hit the brakes hard and that comes flying forward fully loaded :D

Hey Ayjay. The kit I've got is pretty simple. All you need is:

Sniper 22" 12V TV with built in Freeview and Freesat:

Satgear suitcase satellite dish kit (do not need a set top box, but the satfinder is useful to align the dish)

Anker 251 256Wh Portable Power Station

You can then point the dish at a variety of satellites to get either UK freesat channels, or other European free to air channels (I managed to pick up German and Spanish TV when playing with it yesterday)

You can also run the TV from the van electrics as well if you are on EHU, and I also bought a flat cable from Satgear that allows you to run the satellite cable out of the van through a closed window
How has this performed? You happy with it, about to click buy on one.

Back