What Have You Bought Today?

"I might even do one for me reminding me to do up my fly..."

I'm with you on this as despite managing to remember to do them up for the past 54 years its now a bit of hit and miss. Still on the positive side at least I can still remember to go in the 1st place.....:)

What haven't we bought should be the thread, lol.

We are newbies so everything in 1 go is the way ahead. So many shops out there, am like a kid in a sweet shop.

My most exciting buy thou is VW coaster and place matt,s.

Reactions: CAB
What haven't we bought should be the thread, lol.

We are newbies so everything in 1 go is the way ahead. So many shops out there, am like a kid in a sweet shop.

My most exciting buy thou is VW coaster and place matt,s.
Photos?

The H7's I bought from @Magpie1832 arrived yesterday in what can only be described as bombproof packaging! Many thanks @Magpie1832 for a smooth transaction.

Now I just need to decide if I'm brave enough to fit them myself or pay for it to be done? Are they a straight swap for H4's without any coding required?
View attachment 158088
Go for it…. DIY and you’ll be very satisfied you did. They’re a straight swap and everything will work, but to have the dipped beam on with the main beam you’ll need some coding wizardry (VCDS)!:thumbsup:

Reactions: JOG
Go for it…. DIY and you’ll be very satisfied you did. They’re a straight swap and everything will work, but to have the dipped beam on with the main beam you’ll need some coding wizardry (VCDS)!:thumbsup:
I'll need to wait for some better weather as it awful in Glasgow right now, but I think I might give it a go. I have a friend with an older VCDS cable that he claims will work on my T6, so might put it to the test when I get the lights changed over. Thanks for the reply.

I'll need to wait for some better weather as it awful in Glasgow right now, but I think I might give it a go. I have a friend with an older VCDS cable that he claims will work on my T6, so might put it to the test when I get the lights changed over. Thanks for the reply.
Go for it

The H7's I bought from @Magpie1832 arrived yesterday in what can only be described as bombproof packaging! Many thanks @Magpie1832 for a smooth transaction.

Now I just need to decide if I'm brave enough to fit them myself or pay for it to be done? Are they a straight swap for H4's without any coding required?
View attachment 158088
just do it there is youtube showing how to remove the front end, its really not hard to do.

View attachment 158088
Go for it! The hardest part is removing the push fit rivet that attaches the bumper to the wing, if you have any silicone spray to hand squirt some of that on to allow the plunger to move more freely.

This YouTube video is a handy guide for a ‘how to’ and for all the fixings that need to be removed in the process…. I’ve had my bumper/grill off three times now and I always look back at this to prepare myself for the job!

Night Owl coverless 10.5 tog 3 season natural cotton double duvet. No more sleeping bags, and no messing about with sheets, just chuck the whole thing in the washing machine and dry again a couple of hours later. That suits a lazy arse like me. Rolls up nice and compact into the drawstring bag it comes with (and easily too, finally I’ve found a piece of camping kit where the bag isn’t too small :thumbsup:). Packed size is <50cm tall x <35 cm diameter. Pretty impressed, and 15% off at The Fine Bedding Company at the moment (use code FB15 - effectively gives you a free pair of matching pillow cases) with free delivery and returns. Never thought I’d be waxing lyrical about duvets, but when it’s van related, well…

Website (various options and colours to choose from): Buy Night Owl - The Coverless Duvet - From The Fine Bedding Company - Fine Bedding Company

View attachment 150333
Saw this here and got one delivered to our camp site in Polzeath!
Best camping sleep ever and no sticking zips to deal with

This as recommended on this forum the Outdoor Revolution Camp Star Top of the Pop 75mm self inflating mattress. A fair bit shorter than the roof mattress on my LWB roof, sparks everywhere from the static as it isn't a flocked cover like other ones we have. One poor point is the valve. Open it and lets air in as you'd expect. Unlike other self inflatable the valve is 2 way, so to deflate, open the valve, pressure on the mat being rolled up lets air out, but when you re adjust to get it rolled right, it can take air back in again as there is no diaphragm. On the plus side, it does seem quite comfy on top of the existing pop top mattress and once I have a sheet on there, shouldn't notice the static.

IMG_2604.JPG

Just noticed on that link, it is now £3.60 cheaper than when I ordered mine on Wednesday!

Last edited:

View attachment 158088

That THQ video is all you need, but if you have front fogs don't forget to disconnect just before you remove the bumper.

Carista can code them - sign up for the Beta and you get extra features including coding dipped and high beams together :thumbsup:

Back