What Have You Bought Today?

Please kill me if I ever take a vacuum cleaner on holiday.
Never say never. Who knows when you might have a "Freddie moment" (especially in today's fluid-gender environment :rolleyes:)

• Love
Reactions: CAB
Joking aside, we use ours everyday (never taken it camping though). We use it to take off the water from the shower screens so you never end up with water marks. It takes seconds to do. Been more than worth buying one. Same for cleaning the inside windows of the house to get rid of the water after washing.
I lead a very exciting life.
We have a squeegee wiper thing for the shower screen …. Must be the northerner in me thinking £100+ for a gadget I didn’t know I needed it even existed lol

Not bought today but I’ve bought a folder with 100 plastic sleeves in for all the paperwork for the van and tonight I’ve filed everything so far. Not had a vehicle that warranted this before so quite pleased with myself :p

eco-eco A4 Size 50% Recycled 100 Pocket Black Presentation Display Book, Storage Case Portfolio Art Folder with Plastic Sleeves with Black Display Box https://amzn.eu/d/hESqrwm

Might reorder the file tomorrow :rolleyes:
now catalogue each of those invoices in a spreadsheet with folters and categories... and you're at my level.

• Love
Reactions: CAB
now catalogue each of those invoices in a spreadsheet with folters and categories... and you're at my level.
Can we start a "nerdy spreadsheet" sub-group please? At this very moment I'm working on a spreadsheet graphic to represent the settings of/interactions between our CH boiler, the thermostat and our wet & dry underfloor heating systems. Wife thinks I'm utterly bonkers and I can't really disagree!

Last edited:
Just taken delivery of a set of internal thermal screen covers for our forthcoming trip to Scotland.
Already have an external non thermal cover but felt internals would be good, especially if we get wet weather.
Question is;

They have a quilted type fabric on one side and silver stuff on the other.
I assume the silver side faces out in warm weather to help reflect heat. Do you position them the other way in cold weather? Ie, silver on inside to reflect internal warmth?
Or am I overthinking as usual?
Went a bit mental yesterday!
Decided to have a go at making some for the rear and side windows.
Bought some foil covered bubble wrap stuff 600mm x 7.5m (£14.99)
Stuck loads of paper to the inside of the windows to make templates.
Got the Mrs to stick templates to the insulation stuff and cut out.
Bound the edges with grey gaffer tape.
All fit perfect and give better blackout than existing curtains alone as well as offering insulation.
Full set made for under £15 with plenty left over for owt else that may need doing.
Happy Yorkshireman!!!

At what point in life do get to the stage… you’ve achieved zen and think … I know what’s missing ….. a “window” vac!

I’m almost intrigued enough to buy one …. But reckon it’ll end up the back of the cupboard with the soup maker and spiralizer!!
You will be surprised how good they are ! Definitely will get used.

So last week when Leighton Vans emailed me and said they have up to 25% off part i had to have a little spending spree and brought:
LEIGHTON LV-1 MATTE BRONZE ALLOYS
LWB GLOSS BLACK TRAPEZOID SIDE BARS
TAILGATE CARBON BUMPER PROTECTOR

I have also just struck a deal with the dealer who is suppling my new van to supply and fit Eibach lowering springs free of charge! A long story involving VW finance taking tens of thousands of pounds from our account and putting us overdrawn severely and not having the money back for 10 working days! . More action than that is being taken though!

There is camper glass windows and seats that have been brought as well. Just need the van to arrive now so i can get it all started!!

A pair of Quick Pop straps.

5AC644C0-FAD2-40FA-A187-518EE60C6E62.jpeg

A lot neater than the previous 8 foot straps and they don’t fall on your head while driving!

C7019029-DE79-4785-BFAD-D88A7AC7EE95.jpeg
I like how they have a hook that the buckle is fixed to so you can pull down on the roof to tighten it. The magnet in the end of the loose strap is a nice touch too, so it stays up out of the way.

They are not cheap but you do get 2 x 8 foot straps back to use on your roofrack!

Last edited:
Back