What Have You Bought Today?

I'm sure you will do a Stirling job, me on the other hand..... I wanted to have a look just for a few simple changes like needle sweep but bottles it.
I know what you mean - it’s taken quite a few hours of YouTube tutorials to see the value through a fog of arcane interfaces and hex coding. But I am now sold on it. Even brought a PC into the house, which I swore I would never do. :)

Even brought a PC into the house, which I swore I would never do. :)
VMWare Fusion allowed me to get off that hook. Yes, still have to run Windows but at least it can be done from within the comfort of Mac and it avoids the need to switch between two laptops.

Previously I used a really old laptop which could not hold charge anymore, could not bring myself to buy a newer one. It was truly painful to have to run an extension cord by the van to use VCDS.

VMWare Fusion allowed me to get off that hook. Yes, still have to run Windows but at least it can be done from within the comfort of Mac and it avoids the need to switch between two laptops.

Previously I used a really old laptop which could not hold charge anymore, could not bring myself to buy a newer one. It was truly painful to have to run an extension cord by the van to use VCDS.
I did consider that and even priced it up, but VMWare plus a Windows license was astronomical, and couldn’t face losing the hard disk space. Using a laptop from work that’s a few years old.

I did consider that and even priced it up, but VMWare plus a Windows license was astronomical, and couldn’t face losing the hard disk space. Using a laptop from work that’s a few years old.
Fusion player does not cost anything for noncommercial use. But yes, had to shell out for a Windows license and yes, it eats disk space. Still, I’m happy for the setup - probably lost yet another % of remaining hair every time I had to use the separate laptop

Nice! Where did you purchase those from please?
LLL Parts. They are off a T6 Caravelle which gets them as standard. You can buy the lower caps and the wing caps separately, it's just the base you can't so had to buy a complete mirror. Took some research for part numbers. All in was £340 and took a few weeks to arrive. Once I've swapped the power modules over I'm hoping to recoup some of that by selling the old ones.
I'm hoping it's cheaper this way than getting them sprayed.

LLL Parts. They are off a T6 Caravelle which gets them as standard. You can buy the lower caps and the wing caps separately, it's just the base you can't so had to buy a complete mirror. Took some research for part numbers. All in was £340 and took a few weeks to arrive. Once I've swapped the power modules over I'm hoping to recoup some of that by selling the old ones.
I'm hoping it's cheaper this way than getting them sprayed.
Thanks, hope you get them fitted ok! I would have thought you should be able to sell the originals ok, seen them go for decent price on ebay for OEM.

What started off as what I thought would be an easy job, turned into a very long and expensive job. Went to change over my rear threshold but then discovered all underneath the rear was caked in mud and soaking wet. The van was a national trust van before I bought it a couple of weeks ago.
So ended up having to lift all the rear floor up, although I can't get to one bolt and gave it a good clean out. Only problem is that the original rubber flooring is soaking wet, I don't think there's water getting in, it's just purely how it's been used in the past. Has anyone had the same issue with wet floor? And how did you dry it? I have a dehumidifier in the van at the min hoping that will sort it.
So basically on the back of this I ended up buying new cab steps, sliding door step, 5 new tie down inserts (circle plastic part? and one floor mount surround trim and was missing.... why not!
I'm actually glad I found the issue before I get it carpeted etc, but is anything ever straight forward IMG-20230926-WA0012.jpeg

Screenshot_20230927_100136_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_100140_Gallery.jpg

Back