What Have You Bought Today?

What started off as what I thought would be an easy job, turned into a very long and expensive job. Went to change over my rear threshold but then discovered all underneath the rear was caked in mud and soaking wet. The van was a national trust van before I bought it a couple of weeks ago.
So ended up having to lift all the rear floor up, although I can't get to one bolt and gave it a good clean out. Only problem is that the original rubber flooring is soaking wet, I don't think there's water getting in, it's just purely how it's been used in the past. Has anyone had the same issue with wet floor? And how did you dry it? I have a dehumidifier in the van at the min hoping that will sort it.
So basically on the back of this I ended up buying new cab steps, sliding door step, 5 new tie down inserts (circle plastic part? and one floor mount surround trim and was missing.... why not!
I'm actually glad I found the issue before I get it carpeted etc, but is anything ever straight forward View attachment 215309

View attachment 215310

View attachment 215311
I seem to recall someone recently saying on a thread about tailgate leaks that a common ISH area of water ingress was over the threshold protector at the sides and then it wicked along under the floor.

It stuck in my mind as that's where I have the water carrier in my rear kitchen pod.

Possibly it was @Pauly ?

Reactions: CAB
I seem to recall someone recently saying on a thread about tailgate leaks that a common ISH area of water ingress was over the threshold protector at the sides and then it wicked along under the floor.

It stuck in my mind as that's where I have the water carrier in my rear kitchen pod.

Possibly it was @Pauly ?
Thanks for the reply. The whole underneath was ringing wet. 2 days into the dehumidifier dry and and we're slowly getting there. It's frustrating as I've got all the new parts there ready to fit, but it's definitely worth the wait. I do have a new threshold, so will keep my eye on it. A good sign is that no new water has got in.

Possibly it was @Pauly ?
No, not me mate, I have mentioned getting water into/under the rear threshold when the tailgate is open in the rain but not a leak/ingress problem

Bought myself a roll of Bojo trim tools for when I build up courage to put lights in various panels...

20230930_133145.JPG

Also bought a battery for the Alpicool fridge having found one from a UK supplier for not silly money, details of testing over here:

Ah yes, also a visit to the local car product emporium to get some coolant flush for the XC70 (blocked heater matrix) also picked up some Miller's for both vehicles over the winter and my first ever clay bar...

I mean I'm not a bucket and chuck it, it's always been two buckets wash and wax, so not sure what's come over me. Time to find out what all the fuss is about and hope it doesn't lead to escalation and next week I'm buying snow foam...

20230930_140733.JPG

I bought one of these:
20231004_163559-01.jpeg

Which does 2 important jobs on my Trailer Socket 12v EHU

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/trailer-socket-12v-ehu-how-I've-done-it.45009/

Gives it a cap to keep it more waterproof when ready but not connected:
20231004_163715.JPG

And when connected I can leave it on the dash to prevent... stupidity:
20231004_163825.JPG

Back