What Have You Bought Today?

1 years subscription of VWT Magazine for £51.90, plus you receive some free Meguires cleaning products for free.
Free gift arrived today. Meguires bag, cleaning products and microfibre cloths. Very nice indeed

Reactions: CAB
Cadac safari chef
Pair of camping chairs
Igloo bmx cooler
Folding table
Some more lighting from Aten lighting ( Matt black range )
One night pitch in Dungeness heron park

I hope the family like camping in the van :thumbsup:
How do you find the igloo cooler? Thinking one of these over alpicool

Ms craft double swivel sliding seat base...

My neighbor must think I am mad... But it's dark every time I get home... So I took a lamp outside...

View attachment 219828

View attachment 219829

View attachment 219830

View attachment 219831
Looks great!

Every time I think I’m nearly finished on my van I suddenly find it looks just like yours on the inside. Seats out, panels off, cables exposed, tool boxes everywhere. Thank god mine is not a daily driver otherwise I’d never get any work done on it.

Looks great!

Every time I think I’m nearly finished on my van I suddenly find it looks just like yours on the inside. Seats out, panels off, cables exposed, tool boxes everywhere. Thank god mine is not a daily driver otherwise I’d never get any work done on it.
Haha love it.. I had to get it fitted my wife was going made that the double seat was left in the living room for over 4 weeks... I have made a feel mess of the extension as well.... Well it is 50% my house as well so I am sure she won't mind

PXL_20231113_165641311.jpg

Haha love it.. I had to get it fitted my wife was going made that the double seat was left in the living room for over 4 weeks... I have made a feel mess of the extension as well.... Well it is 50% my house as well so I am sure she won't mind

View attachment 219832
You have a wonderful woman! I would have come back home to find that little lot unceremoniously dumped in the garage!
Just keep reminding her of the good times you are soon to have!

View attachment 219832
When I bought my Tiguan interior I had to rent 1/4 of a shipping container from Now Storage 5 mins from my house until I could do the swap over and sell my T6 interior. No way that could be in the house for a couple of weeks. You’re onto a winner!

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

Did it stretch into where the seatbelt bolts in ok ?
Driver side is no issues, but passenger side was a little harder, I start in the hole, and work slowly out.. it's not perfect, Abit of glue over spray... But I thought I'd just leave it as it's never going to be seen.

Screenshot_20231113-200059.png

Thanks bud.........i need to do mine black and can't decide whether to cover, paint or flock them

I’ve not heard of a decent paint solution yet. Would love to hear otherwise.

I’ve been using Forever Black Bumper and Trim to paint some grey parts like the tweeter covers, sun visor fixtures and the centre controls in the headlining. Takes 5-6 coats and doesn’t seem to “dye” the plastic as I was first told. It can be scratched off, so isn’t good for high wear areas. It’s a satin finish which I much prefer to the gloss painted parts the van came with. Looks less modified but that may be the look you’re going for.

Van Haven does an “optics” pack where they paint/dye all the plastics black, but I don’t know their process. It’s very high quality as I was considering it for my van. It’s not cheap though.

For all the large plastics like pillar covers I think covering does a great and consistent job. Easier to pick your colour and finish. Just important to degrease everything and let the surfaces so the glue bonds well. Especially important in areas like the seatbelt holes and the curves in the a pillars near the windscreen.

Bought a Noco GC003 so I can have the river max and noco genius 10 safely locked in the van charging/maintaining the starter battery.

IMG_1462.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Finally decided on a fridge for the van as well. Alpicool K18 seemed well priced on Amazon with an extra voucher bringing it down to £130.

I remember reading something about using AC rather than DC power if possible from the river max but I can’t remember why. Was that your suggestion @Dellmassive ?

IMG_1463.jpeg

Finally decided on a fridge for the van as well. Alpicool K18 seemed well priced on Amazon with an extra voucher bringing it down to £130.

I remember reading something about using AC rather than DC power if possible from the river max but I can’t remember why. Was that your suggestion @Dellmassive ?

View attachment 219985
AC worked better for me,

as the 12v was regulated from the power packs and varied depending on SoC.

Back