What Have You Bought Today?

When I was waiting for my new T6.1 to arrive November last year, I decided to order from Uk, the extra door seals. I put them on my last T6 and wanted the same.When I took delivery of T6.1, it already had the extra seals fitted.
Since then, I have been sick of the waterfall from my pop up roof when opening door when raining. Looking at the Reimo rain gutters, I decided to use the door seals instead , by just carefully cutting one side. They work perfectly....and I haven't wasted my money. Cheers.

20240926_151414.jpg

20240926_151445.jpg

20240926_152158.jpg

A couple of coats of matching Hammerite would be easier, but @moomin-j recently did this job with the aid of his 16 year old son, and strong wrists!
I have done exactly that. A few coats of smooth Hammerite. Would be a lie to say that both caps look as good as new, but certainly looking much better than they were. Modern Hammerite does seem to retain brush marks much more than it used to. Might go over it with some very fine wet and dry. Considerably less pricy than 2x new caps. Also less risk of breaking screws and then not being able to fit replacement caps.

Back