What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Smashed the mirror on the lamppost at the end of our drive, trying to negotiate past my daughters car
I feel your pain, did that at a customers house a few years back. A complete mirror including the colour coded cover was around £220 + vat if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure you are allowed to say things like that these days. There is a bit of irony in it tho' seeing as you are a Scouser, and no fcuker can understand what they say.

Ha ha, yeah, I did think that as I was typing it, got to be careful in these snowflake times.
And I’m not a Scouser, I’m from Brizzle my Luvver, so probably almost as bad. :think smile bounce:

Today I mostly failed to wrap my side bars. Then I mostly failed to wrap my front grill chrome.....I did however mainly learn that its not that easy to wrap things. I will persevere..i like learning the hard way.

Ha ha, yeah, I did think that as I was typing it, got to be careful in these snowflake times.
And I’m not a Scouser, I’m from Brizzle my Luvver, so probably almost as bad. :think smile bounce:
Oh, the shame! A Brizzle mistaken for a Scouser!!! As an immigrant Paddy, I’m not sure which town should be most offended?!! (By the way, I do know which is more easily offended!!!)

Today I mostly failed to wrap my side bars. Then I mostly failed to wrap my front grill chrome.....I did however mainly learn that its not that easy to wrap things. I will persevere..i like learning the hard way.
Wrapping side bars! That’s a bit brave! Do you think they’ll withstand the muck and abuse?

Drove a 20 mile loop just because I could is it wrong to miss driving your van
Counts as an “essential journey” in my book.....mental welfare and all that, eh?!!! ;)

Fitted this Van-X plug socket for my EHU

On first glance I thought it was going to pull out every time the plug was removed from the socket, but it actually appears to be a better fit than the cubbyhole was.

For anyone interested in it, it has two sockets (they accidentally sent me one socket and one blanking plate, and sent on the 2nd socket when I informed them) but two UK plugs won’t fit in there side by side - they’d just be too wide. So I’ll probably mount a LED in the blanking plate so I can see that the hook-up connection is live.
Update: this squeaks like a good’un. Can anyone recommend anything to stop the annoying noise of plastic on plastic? Silicone spray?

I feel your pain, did that at a customers house a few years back. A complete mirror including the colour coded cover was around £220 + vat if I remember correctly.
Thankfully the mirror housing ‘appears’ unmanaged...will attempt proper repair tomorrow

Wrapping side bars! That’s a bit brave! Do you think they’ll withstand the muck and abuse?

only one way to find out, Plan B is to paint them and use miracle lacquer.

only one way to find out, Plan B is to paint them and use miracle lacquer.
Wrapping them is very unique, I don’t think I have even read of anyone wrapping the side bars.

Be good to how you get on and your thoughts. Mine need doing hence the intrigue. Paint or wrap.
Have you thought about plastic coating?

Wrapping them is very unique, I don’t think I have even read of anyone wrapping the side bars.

Be good to how you get on and your thoughts. Mine need doing hence the intrigue. Paint or wrap.
Have you thought about plastic coating?
Not sure what that is? You don’t mean Plastikote from B@Q? ( which is marvellous stuff by the way )
As for wrapping them, it was a baptism of fire really. It looked great on the staight section but i needed more talent on the ends/ corners. I may attack again but do it in sections so you‘re not dealing with lots of material at once.

Not sure what that is? You don’t mean Plastikote from B@Q? ( which is marvellous stuff by the way )
As for wrapping them, it was a baptism of fire really. It looked great on the staight section but i needed more talent on the ends/ corners. I may attack again but do it in sections so you‘re not dealing with lots of material at once.
Not plastkote, plastic coating is when the part is sprayed with plastic powder which is then baked which then forms your plastic coating.
Way more sturdy than any paint.

Back