What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

After swearing at the rivet gun which made the job difficult, I mounted the Eton speaker in the driver's door and closed the door card one final time. I don't have anything on the job list that requires the door card off ever again!

2 rivet guns in and neither large enough for the speaker casing rivets I decided on self tapping screws. Jobs a good'n!

Today managed to get the amp amd audison speaker simulator hidden behind the dash. Already had the bottom half of dash off and didn't have to take entire dash off.
Tomorrow job is to run the rear speaker cables across to the A pillar and try squeeze the head unit back in some how.

I might even get the seats back in this weekend at this rate!

PXL_20210210_161042517.jpgPXL_20210210_161059987.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Plug and play. That statement annoys the bejesus out of me. It’s never that easy. Ever!
Well, that depends.....though I don’t know how easy @Andysmee’s arse is! Just saying, not asking!!!

So that’s another winters evening sorted out :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Where did you get the 30mm buffer @DXX ?

I have this available
Sound proofing Foam
@Texxaco One sheet is plenty, it’s good stuff but currently out of stock.
I wouldn’t use the 10mm stuff you listed, I have used it elsewhere and linked it on this forum way back.

Reactions: JOG
@Texxaco One sheet is plenty, it’s good stuff but currently out of stock.
I wouldn’t use the 10mm stuff you listed, I have used it elsewhere and linked it on this forum way back.
This stuff is like rocking horse poo @DXX .

Last edited:
As there was a touch of snow yesterday it motivated me to fit my Danhag remote unit for the parking heater so I can switch it on with a sms or a phone call.

Had to use OBDEleven to change the coding to activate the remote function to get max heating though.

Will save me clearing the ice and snow off when its minus 8c!

20171210_101520.jpg

Covered the scuttle in Dynamat Extreme over the past two evenings in the Arctic weather we are having. Had to use my heat gun to warm my fingers at one point. The things we do for our vans!

Anyway it’s all done now.

View attachment 102869

View attachment 102870

View attachment 102871

View attachment 102872
For anyone that would like to know what puller I used to get the wipers off. Image below sourced from Amazon.
Do make sure that you leave the wiper nuts on when using the puller as the puller bolt is hollow.

B3CC7FCF-E5E9-4EAA-BA26-885F4F67715F.jpeg

For anyone that would like to know what puller I used to get the wipers off. Image below sourced from Amazon.
Do make sure that you leave the wiper nuts on when using the puller as the puller bolt is hollow.

View attachment 102978
Considered the scuttle but down the list as aim is to get the van on the road again.

Hadn't really looked into what was required. Can you share the link as will prob do this at some stage.

Back