What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Installed a AMT 12-2 Trickle Charger between the Starter Battery and Leisure Battery.
Re- instated my newly sprayed (Gloss Black) overhead lighting unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
L

@Superowls Love this set-up - can you share where you got the table from please and also the clips for storing on the side of the van? Cheers
ove this
That's the table I got, I wanted it quite plain, but they do loads of other styles
I've since bought another to fit on the same rail, so rather than sliding it backwards and forwards I've got one for the captain seats when they are turned round & one for the rear bench

I’ve never been brave enough myself! How did you find it? Did you have a guide?
I was nervous doing it, so just took my time. I ended up watching loads of youtube videos and reading threads on this forum and the how I did it threads by @Dellmassive.

I did this when I was self-isolating due to being really ill with Covid a few weeks back and wanted to keep my mind active during it and something to aim for to get better and also to help me get out and have a mental challenge.

I did one side a day as I'm still suffering the after affects of it and just took it really slow and when I came across something I wasn't sure, I asked the good people on this forum.

If you search VW T6 brakes on YouTube, you will find loads of videos. Autodoc is also a good source of info on there too and shows you step by step guide.

Once I had done one side, the other was a lot quicker and it was not that hard. Good luck.

I was nervous doing it, so just took my time. I ended up watching loads of youtube videos and reading threads on this forum and the how I did it threads by @Dellmassive.

I did this when I was self-isolating due to being really ill with Covid a few weeks back and wanted to keep my mind active during it and something to aim for to get better and also to help me get out and have a mental challenge.

I did one side a day as I'm still suffering the after affects of it and just took it really slow and when I came across something I wasn't sure, I asked the good people on this forum.

If you search VW T6 brakes on YouTube, you will find loads of videos. Autodoc is also a good source of info on there too and shows you step by step guide.

Once I had done one side, the other was a lot quicker and it was not that hard. Good luck.
That’s brilliant! I’m happy to give things a go too, but I’m not very “mechanical”. I appreciate the little nudge of a confidence boost you’ve given me. Thanks

View attachment 103151
Eton tweeters in, with a little deadening on the a-pillar plastics
Isn't this type of deadening for large solid metal surfaces mainly. I think you would want closed cell noise absorber on these type of applications, as the panel contain mainly echoes from the body of the car and the tweeters. At least I know they put noise absorbing foam matts behind door cards to deaden the sound inside and to direct the sound into cabin sounding more rich and deep.

Test driving this nice little mod to the standard head unit...
Every app you can get from google play store on your head unit. Very good actually

51B2EB55-6280-4621-8C0E-4CD55EFCB2FE.jpeg

2D24D77E-D189-45D8-9413-806DD676B095.jpeg

857C97EA-81E8-4C19-8727-167270B47A79.jpeg

can you tell more about this?
What mod is that?!!
It’s a media box that connects to your android or Apple car play. You download apps and they all work through your head unit. Whatever app you have on your phone can be replicated on the screen.

it uses android as a iPhone user I have a google play account from old. You sign in and download the apps sign in through the hard unit and it works. For that you have to personal hotspot your phone for internet to stream.

it comes pre loaded with VLC player which can play files from a hard drive. Movies and MP3. Playing mp4 through that is better.

here is the link. Not cheap but I’ll review it in a separate section.

It’s a media box that connects to your android or Apple car play. You download apps and they all work through your head unit. Whatever app you have on your phone can be replicated on the screen.

it uses android as a iPhone user I have a google play account from old. You sign in and download the apps sign in through the hard unit and it works. For that you have to personal hotspot your phone for internet to stream.

it comes pre loaded with VLC player which can play files from a hard drive. Movies and MP3. Playing mp4 through that is better.

here is the link. Not cheap but I’ll review it in a separate section.

@Jayjmac where did you purchase it from mate?

Right now, I am sending work emails whilst the bus gets some pampering by Steve @CRS Performance. I will be more than happy to share more later.... let me just say i am a little in awe of Steve's knowledge and experience of all things Transporter related. For now, I'm just watching the masters at work ( I am working too, honest)
View attachment 103232
I was there Wednesday with the full intention of working whilst they worked their magic......

Back