What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

• Fixed the H7 DRL - I am now going to attempt my first ship-in-a-bottle :laugh:
  • 5L of Adblue. First time! did the 30 second ignition, but it still wants more :rolleyes:
  • Hoovered the inside and cut a new rubber mesh mat thingy for the back cupboard :D
  • Put all the camping stuff back :(
  • And stuck down the LEDs round the inside of the roof :mexican wave:

DSC_2426.JPG

Last edited:
Upgraded interior from Sportline Kombi set up.

installed:

Hertz MPK 163.3
Audison SR 5.600
JL HO 12 W6
Blok Pod MTB Accessories
Halo Lighting
Alcantara trimming
Caravelle seats and door cards
Touch tailgate LEDs
Rusty Lee Swivel

Really happy with how it is looking, just need some ideas/Inspiration for how to finish the back. i.e Flooring, storage, seating/bed systems that work with the BloK Pod

View attachment 102420

View attachment 102421

View attachment 102422

View attachment 102423

View attachment 102424

View attachment 102425

View attachment 102426

View attachment 102427
Very smart! Do you have any details of how you did the ceiling? :thumbsup: :cool:

I fitted a Kenwood CMOS 230 reversing camera today with a 5” display from Reversing Cameras website. I've got LED reversing lights which are very bright anyway, they work a treat with the camera. These shots are in the dark with no street lights, just from the LED reverse lights, I’m pretty happy with it.

I’ve also attached a daytime shot for comparison.

69A54732-0AE6-4F00-8684-44385E2BB8C3.jpeg

C875EF78-2E1F-4F1C-A6F0-F4E667B7F262.jpeg

12FB7993-4CFC-4DA6-81AD-BBB5236249C2.jpeg

I fitted a Kenwood CMOS 230 reversing camera today with a 5” display from Reversing Cameras website. I've got LED reversing lights which are very bright anyway, they work a treat with the camera. These shots are in the dark with no street lights, just from the LED reverse lights, I’m pretty happy with it.

View attachment 102467

View attachment 102468
That’s brilliant (no pun intended)

Finished off the both the driver and passenger door sound deadening today, both inner metal skins and door skins. That was the hardest job I have done on the van to date.
The difference in the sound/ bass was like night and day.

Waiting for the window wiper pulley to arrive tomorrow then I can start on the scuttle. Hopefully it’s easier than the door skins.

Fitted a Victron Battery Protect to go in line with my BMV. Nice piece of kit to protect my battery and allow me to isolate my fuseboard too, all from mobile or the switch ( the hanging switch is just temporary)20210207_192001.jpge .

Finished off the both the driver and passenger door sound deadening today, both inner metal skins and door skins. That was the hardest job I have done on the van to date.

Waiting for the window wiper pulley to arrive tomorrow then I can start on the scuttle. Hopefully it’s easier than the door skins.
It is - have a look at @DXX thread on the subject.

see @DXX work on skuttle

For those interested in sound deadening the scuttle I used 2mm Silent Coat with 30mm Silent Coat Noise Buffler 30 applied on top.
Although not a big area it‘s unlikely to be found clean and best done with card templates to avoid wastage.
One 1m x 1m Noise Buffler sheet is enough with a small amount left over. All faces were covered inc’ the drivers side (RH) blanking plate for ventilation.
The only places not covered are the passenger side ventilation intake and the scuttle drain ports left and right. When you fit the wiper mechanism back you may need to trim the foam slightly, I left mine as it is only just touching in one place.
It has made a significant difference to the cab noise level, well worth doing.
View attachment 94784View attachment 94784View attachment 94785View attachment 94786View attachment 94787View attachment 94788View attachment 94789

It is once the cleaning is done.

Back