What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finished doing water leak through slide door motor.
New style steering wheel courtesy of control custom. Some more sound proofing, w8 interior light, thinkware q800 pro front and rear dash cam and door seal protectors. Confess I started it yesterday but finished them today.

20210213_130119.jpg

20210213_130155.jpg

20210213_130130.jpg

20210213_130142.jpg

20210213_130222.jpg

20210213_130235.jpg

Well only had it for 2 weeks now so started to customise it...

Started with cooker/Sink top:
Top1.jpg
At least the glass will stay scratch-free for now..
Top2.jpg
Then today my ClimAir 3277 Dark Black air deflectors arrived (great for small gap to allow air in when sleeping.
window1.jpg

Next job is fitting a Multirail when it arrives - Turning out to be money grabber!

Reactions: CAB
You have all the luck!!!

I’ve not long read your post about your B14 drama.
Can't really blame it on luck, I wasn't giving the job the care and attention it needed and I paid the price. Or I will be paying it soon :(

Badly fell out of love with my van after yesterday.

But then these arrived and the world didn't seem so bad...

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG
@BognorMotors

So that's the headlights and wheels sorted. The rest of the transformation will have to be put on hold for a couple of months while I stump up to have yesterday's damage repaired. I'm over it now. Chalk it up to experience, you never stop learning.

Last edited:
After saying I wasn't going to take the driver's door card off ever again, I took it off today as I was worried I'd forgotten to reconnect the mirror earth as my dab reception was poor...but no, it's all fine, so now I have to put it back. But just refitted the assembly carrier on the passenger side after sound deadening the outer skin. Warming the door and my feet with a fan heater now ready to line the assembly carrier and rivet the last Eton speaker in
PXL_20210213_165047234.jpg
Need to wire the passenger mirror puddle light before this door is closed up

After saying I wasn't going to take the driver's door card off ever again, I took it off today as I was worried I'd forgotten to reconnect the mirror earth as my dab reception was poor...but no, it's all fine, so now I have to put it back. But just refitted the assembly carrier on the passenger side after sound deadening the outer skin. Warming the door and my feet with a fan heater now ready to line the assembly carrier and rivet the last Eton speaker in
View attachment 103470
Need to wire the passenger mirror puddle light before this door is closed up
I did think the notion of never removing the door cards again was a little premature!

Continued the reconstruction process and put the seat bases back in after rerouting some wiring.

Also laid the 12v and 240v cable from under the seats in anticipation of the rear wiring as don't really want to take the seats out again.

Put the step covers back in and realised i will have to buy some more trim clips... Was inevitable tbh!
PXL_20210123_135135732~2.jpgPXL_20210213_161427718.jpgPXL_20210213_164746256.jpg

Swapped out my front double for a single captain's courtesy of @moomin-j (thanks John).

I'm going to tell Mrs Sackmycook it's her Valentines present

Glad to have sold to / helped out a fellow Forum member & the wifes comfort for future travels!!

Nice to see your coming to the next T6 Forum meet:

Me and Mrs Sackmycook would like to lose our camping virginity this year. Any space ?
@Tourershine pm'd

Don't worry re posting those forgotten water bottles, save the postage & bring them to camp.

If I confirm my trip to Bristol is on, I'll make myself available to get your double seat there & hopefully make a sale to @Murkymurky if he's still interested?

I wanted a reversing camera on my Trendline, but decided i didn't want to go to all the expense of changing my OEM head unit as i am reasonably happy with it. So after extensive research I plumbed for an Auto Vox V5 Pro reversing mirror/ dash cam. I paid £210 plus another £200 to have it fitted by a local Auto electrician, sounds a lot, but there was a lot to do and he did do a very good job. I must say I am very pleased, although the windscreen adaptor bracket took a bit of twiddling to stop it wobbling. It could be an affordable and stylish alternative to swapping out your head unit!

I wanted a reversing camera on my Trendline, but decided i didn't want to go to all the expense of changing my OEM head unit as i am reasonably happy with it. So after extensive research I plumbed for an Auto Vox V5 Pro reversing mirror/ dash cam. I paid £210 plus another £200 to have it fitted by a local Auto electrician, sounds a lot, but there was a lot to do and he did do a very good job. I must say I am very pleased, although the windscreen adaptor bracket took a bit of twiddling to stop it wobbling. It could be an affordable and stylish alternative to swapping out your head unit!
Any pictures of the install Dave, I'm same as you, Trendline not unhappy with the head unit....

Finished doing water leak through slide door motor.
New style steering wheel courtesy of control custom. Some more sound proofing, w8 interior light, thinkware q800 pro front and rear dash cam and door seal protectors. Confess I started it yesterday but finished them today.

View attachment 103406

View attachment 103407

View attachment 103408

View attachment 103409

View attachment 103410

View attachment 103411
Nice work!

Don’t worry, I don't think @ei-aprilia is going to be coming round auditing your mods any time soon :slow rofl:

Regardless of the ultra Arctic weather we are having I decided to sound deaden the bonnet and tailgate. No pics as there was so much of my blood on both due to cuts on my hands.
Still they are done now and the sound of
a solid thud makes me smile.

Also rerouted the wiring for the rear dahcam camera, no so easy as had to remove some of the headlining which was glued on well.

All done now so very pleased.
Lastly I refitted my drivers side LED wing mirror indicator which I am very chuffed with.

LED wing mirror indicator

Back