What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Regardless of the ultra Arctic weather we are having I decided to sound deaden the bonnet and tailgate. No pics as there was so much of my blood on both due to cuts on my hands.
Still they are done now and the sound of
a solid thud makes me smile.

Also rerouted the wiring for the rear dahcam camera, no so easy as had to remove some of the headlining which was glued on well.

All done now so very pleased.
Lastly I refitted my drivers side LED wing mirror indicator which I am very chuffed with.

LED wing mirror indicator
On a mission, well impressed.

Finished doing water leak through slide door motor.
New style steering wheel courtesy of control custom. Some more sound proofing, w8 interior light, thinkware q800 pro front and rear dash cam and door seal protectors. Confess I started it yesterday but finished them today.

View attachment 103406

View attachment 103407

View attachment 103408

View attachment 103409

View attachment 103410

View attachment 103411
Did you manage to fit the cable through the rear door gaiter? I already have the reversing camera cable through there and I decided it would be impossible to fit the dashcam cable through too and definitely without removing the connector first. I have also fitted the camera at the bottom of the window not at the top although I’m not sure why now I’ve seen your placement but I do have a bike rack on the back so it has to see through that

Did you manage to fit the cable through the rear door gaiter? I already have the reversing camera cable through there and I decided it would be impossible to fit the dashcam cable through too and definitely without removing the connector first. I have also fitted the camera at the bottom of the window not at the top although I’m not sure why now I’ve seen your placement but I do have a bike rack on the back so it has to see through that
I tried to get it through for over an hour, gave up and fed it through the door seal using the holes that are already in It. Works perfectly with no water leaks now.

This is more of a "what am I doing to my van tomorrow" but, as a kind gentleman has just (literally at 21:20) left a huge box outside my house and played a bit of knock-a-door-run I've discovered 2 pairs of black Caravelle door cards have arrived! Happy days!!! Anyone know if the ambient lighting is plug and play?

Badly fell out of love with my van after yesterday.

But then these arrived and the world didn't seem so bad...

View attachment 103459

View attachment 103460
@BognorMotors

So that's the headlights and wheels sorted. The rest of the transformation will have to be put on hold for a couple of months while I stump up to have yesterday's damage repaired. I'm over it now. Chalk it up to experience, you never stop learning.

They look perfect. Thanks for the business

This is more of a "what am I doing to my van tomorrow" but, as a kind gentleman has just (literally at 21:20) left a huge box outside my house and played a bit of knock-a-door-run I've discovered 2 pairs of black Caravelle door cards have arrived! Happy days!!! Anyone know if the ambient lighting is plug and play?
They should be although you may have to tap into your interior lighting circuit if your cards are anything like mine.

They should be although you may have to tap into your interior lighting circuit if your cards are anything like mine.

They have what seems to be OEM ambient lights, one in the top pocket and it looks like one to light the recess of the door pull handle. I think I'll need some connectors for them. Will get some pics tomorrow.

They have what seems to be OEM ambient lights, one in the top pocket and it looks like one to light the recess of the door pull handle. I think I'll need some connectors for them. Will get some pics tomorrow.
If you do need to connect them into the interior light circuit best to do it using T Taps.

Isn't this type of deadening for large solid metal surfaces mainly. I think you would want closed cell noise absorber on these type of applications, as the panel contain mainly echoes from the body of the car and the tweeters. At least I know they put noise absorbing foam matts behind door cards to deaden the sound inside and to direct the sound into cabin sounding more rich and deep.
You may be right. I'm done on the sound deadening of the cab, I took a pragmatic view and used one box of silentcoat and managed to cover every resonating section of the; floor, door skin, door assembly carrier, door card, a-pillars, b-pillar upper and lower, and the twin passenger seat base (which is a crazy booming, ringing resonating chamber). And I'm done. I would reckon about 60-80% coverage for £80.

P.S I have a nice quiet TSI engine and Eton speaker upgrade, so moving onto more important things like back seats!

Last edited:
Hi. Yes got the cable through the gaiter to tailgate. Was a bit fiddly but used a thin plastic rod that was about 2-3mm thick, pushed through gaiter and taped cable to other end and pulled through. Then drilled 10mm hole in tailgate under where brake light is and run wire through that.

I wanted a reversing camera on my Trendline, but decided i didn't want to go to all the expense of changing my OEM head unit as i am reasonably happy with it. So after extensive research I plumbed for an Auto Vox V5 Pro reversing mirror/ dash cam. I paid £210 plus another £200 to have it fitted by a local Auto electrician, sounds a lot, but there was a lot to do and he did do a very good job. I must say I am very pleased, although the windscreen adaptor bracket took a bit of twiddling to stop it wobbling. It could be an affordable and stylish alternative to swapping out your head unit!
I’ve just bought one of those and I’m now in the (slow) process of fitting it.

Was it easy to do other than the blank .?
Depends if you have seat covers or original fabric seats, I fitted under covers and think you have to take the seat apart if you have original fabric. It's a bit fiddly but worth it in the current climate

Back