What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

It’s a genuine vw one. Got it from my local van centre. Looks decent quality, I’ve given it a coat of ag vinyl and rubber care so hopefully it won’t fade too quickly!
Maybe I can apply a vinyl coating to my faded one… can you tell me a bit more about how this works?

It’s an autoglym product called vinyl and rubber care - you could try giving it a scub with their interior shampoo first and then buff it up with the vinyl and rubber care. I’m not really an expert on these things but the autoglym stuff works for me. Maybe there’s a detailer on this forum that could advise of any thing better…

It’s an autoglym product called vinyl and rubber care - you could try giving it a scub with their interior shampoo first and then buff it up with the vinyl and rubber care. I’m not really an expert on these things but the autoglym stuff works for me. Maybe there’s a detailer on this forum that could advise of any thing better…
This stuff is amazing for all interior and exterior plastics…. highly recommended!

How did you do the curtain- Is it the same curtain track as the “normal” van curtains, or another rail? and are they attached at the bottom too?
the conversion was done by a company in Rossendale, here in Lancashire. These are "standard" tracks used in van conversion, no bottom track. I did pick the material at a local mill and they bought the lenght needed for all windows and tiebacks and gave me the leftover, these are lined curtains.

20210704_075508.jpg

Great job…. Looks perfect to me! It’s satisfying to know you’ve done a good job and it’s there…. even if you can’t see it in the future! Makes a massive difference to how the van feels as well when it’s all sound deadened and insulated…. just tap it on the outside and compare with a panel that’s not yet done. :thumbsup:

Great job…. Looks perfect to me! It’s satisfying to know you’ve done a good job and it’s there…. even if you can’t see it in the future! Makes a massive difference to how the van feels as well when it’s all sound deadened and insulated…. just tap it on the outside and compare with a panel that’s not yet done. :thumbsup:
Thank you! I Totally agree, I like to think you can sometimes do a better job yourself knowing you can take as long as you want. I know people say you only need 50% coverage but I’d imagine that’s knowing exactly the correct places to apply it.

It maybe true to some extent that there is excessive Silent Coat applied to add any additional sound deadening but full coverage of the aluminium foil backer is going to give you better thermal insulation from radiation. Well worth doing IMO.

Back