What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted smoked LED side indicators, dashboard rubber and secondary door seals.....dead easy. All from THQ.

Apart from dropping a trim tool down the dash gap when the wife appeared behind me to ask what I was doing, just as i was trying to dislodge the piece of foam above the vin plate which was making the rubber sit proud! Proved the need perfectly and she left me alone after that. Another trim tool with some double sided tape ro recover the first trim tool, and then all sorted.

Quick, low cost mods and very happy with results.

20210713_174334.jpg

20210713_174520.jpg

20210713_174501.jpg

Looking smart! Did you relocate the USB socket at all?
No need, that section of the trim is on magnets. I am going to spur off there to put a wireless charging pad in the dash.
Really pleased with the quality of the trim but the top dash cover is a bit disappointing, a bit flimsy.

No need, that section of the trim is on magnets. I am going to spur off there to put a wireless charging pad in the dash.
Really pleased with the quality of the trim but the top dash cover is a bit disappointing, a bit flimsy.
Ah thats good then i have been eyeing up this trim set, thanks.
I know, I sent the top dash cover back as i wasnt happy with the fit, they advised they are looking to change the design. I suggested a flush fit one like the comfort dash so we shall see!

Not technically today, but yesterday I got my Stance+ coilovers fitted. To say I'm happy is an understatement! They ride really well and are very well built for a £300 coilover set. I know some will turn their nose up to these and say the old buy cheap buy twice, but for a 5th the cost of some of the big brands, these are bloody brilliant value. How long they last is a question for another day! Only time will tell, but so far so good!

20210713_192520.jpg20210713_192717.jpg20210713_192031.jpg

Added a mini me mascot to the centre of the dash - not quite the right shade of blue but not too far off. I think it's about 1/64 and even has a VW hologram on bottom (£3 in a shop in N. Mortehoe which is probably less than VW would charge for the hologram sticker on its own).DSC00002.JPGDSC00003.JPG

Last edited:
Back