What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Visit with Chris @Dav-Tec to install new steering wheel. 1st View attachment 143746View attachment 143747picture is old wheel, 2nd picture is new flat botoomed steering wheel with carbon fibre overlay. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting Chris and having a chat with him. His knowledge and expertise is a huge assett to T6 Forum.
Nice to me you to buddy. Wheel looks great btw glad you chose us for supply and fit. Hope to see you in the future.

Update on the Retro Rack, expecting to get it fitted this week. So excited, over a roof rack lol such a kid all over again. :oops:;)
I've been thinkinbg about one of these retro racks. Worried about the wind noise though. Be interested to see what you notice.

What swivel base did you go for? Looks great

I went for a Kirivans swivel had it fitted for me by Autokraft in Stoke on Trent, it was quite stiff at first but I sprayed the swivel plate with silicone spray and now it spins quite freely. You undo the four wheel head locking bolts then push the seat slightly rearward then push on the right side and manoeuvre around the drivers armrest. I’m contemplating having the drivers seat swiveled too.

John.

Finally got around to changing my 'candles' for LED from TransporterHQ in the main lights and fog lights in time for my trip to Scotland tomorrow for work.

My only observation so far is that my headlight switch has always been set to 'auto' and my main beam (not full) lights used to be on along with my running lights. Now they are not on (nor can i set the high beam on from the indicator arm (I can flash) unless I turn the switch to the far right?
Has anyone else noticed this?

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2831.jpg

Finally got around to changing my 'candles' for LED from TransporterHQ in the main lights and fog lights in time for my trip to Scotland tomorrow for work.

My only observation so far is that my headlight switch has always been set to 'auto' and my main beam (not full) lights used to be on along with my running lights. Now they are not on (nor can i set the high beam on from the indicator arm (I can flash) unless I turn the switch to the far right?
Has anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 143878

View attachment 143879

View attachment 143880
Took it up the road and back and it all works fine now. Maybe it needed to find itself on a restart. All good

Interesting. Where did you buy your K2 refurb from @Saffa365 ?

Also, any tips on which K2 kit is needed for washing and foaming a van? I don’t need patio cleaning tools or anything else.
I bought it from Karcher outlet , I’ve heard good reviews, I’ll keep you updated when it arrives
I also bought the Autobrite foam Lance ,
Arrived today and feels like a quality bit of kit

Looks great! Canvas goes well with the van accents. I’m leaning towards an Aurora for my next conversion.

Is the cable at the back of the roof for a solar panel, or relocating the radio arial from the front?

Can you lift the bed panel up without having to undo the strap at the back?
Thanks. We’re really pleased with the look. Yes, the cable at the back is to the solar panel. And yes, the bed can be lifted up without undoing the strap. We went for the bi-fold bed option which is absolutely brilliant, we can stand in the back of the van with roof up and the bi-fold bed up - I’m a little over 5’10”.

Thanks. We’re really pleased with the look. Yes, the cable at the back is to the solar panel. And yes, the bed can be lifted up without undoing the strap. We went for the bi-fold bed option which is absolutely brilliant, we can stand in the back of the van with roof up and the bi-fold bed up - I’m a little over 5’10”.

965B44C3-529E-418F-ADA8-E78E09ED8C81.jpeg

Interesting. Where did you buy your K2 refurb from @Saffa365 ?

Also, any tips on which K2 kit is needed for washing and foaming a van? I don’t need patio cleaning tools or anything else.
I’ve got a K2 and a foam lance and it’s great. Foam attachment just goes on instead of Karcher lance, cover van in snow foam, swap to Karcher lance and jet it off. Done.
The pics I posted a couple of pages ago were done using just that. No physical paint contact involved.

Back