What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

This is awesome, great work, is it the right if he to support the ovano in bed mode?
So… short answer is no.

I added the raised backing to prevent anything coming through the gap on trips. I was also going to add a storage net as well.

Without the backing the unit is the right height for the bed to come down, pure chance rather than design!

It would be easy enough to have another replaceable backing that could be swapped around for bed use. Or version 2 needs working on with a bit more design thought :):)

Bit of a labour of love this one.

We had our 2+1 back seats changed for a 1+1+1 set-up to give us more options with how we use the van. One of the options I wanted was to remove the middle seat and have a central unit so the back seats had more usability storage especially for longer trips.

I'd searched and couldn't really find anything on the market and after getting the Ovano unit was inspired to just do it myself.

Quite happy with the first attempt. There are two sections underneath for bags etc... along with an elastic storage net in each section. On top I added some drinks holders and maybe in the long run I'll run a usb charger to the unit.

All secured to the seat floor mounts using M6 J Hooks so it aint going anywhere.

View attachment 164445

View attachment 164446

View attachment 164447

View attachment 164448
Amazing work. I presume the height is such that the Ovano sits on top - in which case will provide more support than the seats folded down.

Well not just today but yesterday aswell. I removed the headlining seats and front seats, fitted shark fin aerial, sound deadened the roof and cab floor then insulated them. I've rebuilt most for now. Also half installed the halo 11 I had. Just need to get some screws and another cable then can finish stereo install. 20220710_140041.jpg20220710_145353.jpg20220710_161018.jpg20220710_161025.jpg20220710_162718.jpg20220711_141609.jpg

20220710_162727.jpg

Well, after just over a year of regret (since selling my previous T6) and feeling sad every time I saw one of you coming the other way in your Transporter, we are back with a bang - she is lowered with STX coilovers and sitting on some Canteras…. just waiting on the centre caps :whistle:

09132B63-A688-4A43-84BA-5F0905A5F0DD.jpeg

Is this easy enough to fit? Can you let me know how much this cost, PM if you prefer.
Get in touch with Jason @Absolut5 for pricing depending on your headunit I believe

Fitting , I’ll keep you updated , I don’t see it being that difficult once roof panels and pillar covers are removed :rolleyes:

Get in touch with Jason @Absolut5 for pricing depending on your headunit I believe

Fitting , I’ll keep you updated , I don’t see it being that difficult once roof panels and pillar covers are removed :rolleyes:
My pillars and head lining are currently removed which is why I though I’d ask the question. Must have missed this when I was working out the extras I need to do when the van was apart in bits.

Well not just today but yesterday aswell. I removed the headlining seats and front seats, fitted shark fin aerial, sound deadened the roof and cab floor then insulated them. I've rebuilt most for now. Also half installed the halo 11 I had. Just need to get some screws and another cable then can finish stereo install. View attachment 164747View attachment 164751View attachment 164753View attachment 164752View attachment 164748View attachment 164750

View attachment 164749

Thatll have madea massive difference? keen to do mine, panel van so cab only

Thatll have madea massive difference? keen to do mine, panel van so cab only
Yeah made a massive difference, only problem is because I've only done roof and cab area first the noise from the rear wheel Road noise is deafening. So I will be doing the rear floor, doors and rear inner arches very soon.

Back