What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

We had our 2+1 back seats changed for a 1+1+1 set-up to give us more options with how we use the van.

@PapaJay can I ask where you had the conversion done please? I'm thinking of doing the same. I'd naively thought I could just pick up a driver's side single but they don't seem to come up that often.

@PapaJay can I ask where you had the conversion done please? I'm thinking of doing the same. I'd naively thought I could just pick up a driver's side single but they don't seem to come up that often.
I bought the 1+1+1 seats from someone on the forum. They’re from the Shuttle model and are by a relatively simple mod, it just need a few extra floor mounts adding in.

I had the van carpeted, 2+1 seats replaced etc… through @Absolut5 who were superb.

Awesome, I’m also using a RUT in my van, runs 24/7 and has had 100% up time for just over a year now.

It gives me WiFi in the van obviously but also have it to view the dash cam live feed and also use a few sensors back to my HomeAssistant server so I can monitor the van from inside the house.

I kept it simple for the moment? Be interested to hear any ideas you have!
That's impressive uptime btw. How did you set up VPN for this? Ideally I'd like to have site to site VPN so my van is just a different subnet. Haven't really looked into it too much yet, but the docs are very lacking from teltonika.

I bought the 1+1+1 seats from someone on the forum. They’re from the Shuttle model and are by a relatively simple mod, it just need a few extra floor mounts adding in.

I had the van carpeted, 2+1 seats replaced etc… through @Absolut5 who were superb.
I’m sure we can do that for you

That's impressive uptime btw. How did you set up VPN for this? Ideally I'd like to have site to site VPN so my van is just a different subnet. Haven't really looked into it too much yet, but the docs are very lacking from teltonika.
I have dual Sims setup, one with a unlimited data pool and the other that can roam between any of the 4 major carriers so there are very few places I don’t get any signal.

I use a GRE tunnel, mainly because I use them extensively at work so I didn’t have to think about configuration and secondly because I use an edgerouter at home.

Did nothing until 7pm when the sun had moved round and the temps started to drop.,…few little jobs done :thumbsup:

More sound deadening - rear most roof section, near side rear solid panel behind sliding door and off side wheel arch.

Ran red and black 12v and 3 core mains flex from near side rear (where some CBE sockets will be) up to the roof, over the top of the tailgate opening, down the other side, across the offside rear, behind the second row seatbelt void and into the solid panel opposite the sliding door (where there will be more CBE sockets). There were small openings between all these panels so didn’t have to drill any holes and no wires will be showing.

When the battery generator thing arrives, I will have a 13a mains plug and a 12v connection coming out right next to the seatbelt mount on the drivers side where I will construct some under bench storage boxes, somewhere to locate the battery generator and also somewhere to fit rear speakers.

Also fitted the plastic wheel arch cover on the off side arch - testing whether it would still fit snugly with the silent coat strips - it did.

Spent the day pulling out the rear seats and side panels, running the cables down the pillars ready for the usb sockets. Then sound deadening the whole floor and rear panels. Also insulated the rear panels with silver foam insulation. I think it was too hot today to use sound deadening as it was so sticky lol. Then put carpets back in.
Will finish the side panels off with white insulation and foam sound damping on the panels this week in the evenings.

I have dual Sims setup, one with a unlimited data pool and the other that can roam between any of the 4 major carriers so there are very few places I don’t get any signal.

I use a GRE tunnel, mainly because I use them extensively at work so I didn’t have to think about configuration and secondly because I use an edgerouter at home.
@FYPO where did you get the sim that roams between the networks?

@FYPO where did you get the sim that roams between the networks?
It’s a service we built and sell to our customers, it’s not really cost effective to use just for general WiFi. It’s used for mainly for trackers, IOT devices and logistics where the drivers need access even in remote locations.

If your looking for better redundancy I would recommend a dual sim router and have them on two different providers.

Back