What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted my highline bumpers. Bye bye commersh look! Didn't like the painted bumpers when I ordered, but I'm definitely converted now!

Need to get a few bits sprayed to finish the look now, but I'm well happy with how it's turned out!
View attachment 164984View attachment 164985
Looks really nice! Great colour that:thumbsup:

Do you plane on replacing the side panels at the back too?

Cut some holes and stuck a router in my lower dash. Easy access to the sims from the top, easy access to the cables below via the fuse cover.

It's got a built in MQTT server which is going to be the basis of a bunch of smart stuff.

Need to get some more appropriate length screws but this will do until I get to the shops.

I need to start thinking about some sort of cover. It's not the nicest looking thing and it wouldn't be great for water to get in there (straight to the fuses :/ )
PXL_20220716_045303396.jpg

PXL_20220716_045214364.jpg

Cut some holes and stuck a router in my lower dash. Easy access to the sims from the top, easy access to the cables below via the fuse cover.

It's got a built in MQTT server which is going to be the basis of a bunch of smart stuff.

Need to get some more appropriate length screws but this will do until I get to the shops.

I need to start thinking about some sort of cover. It's not the nicest looking thing and it wouldn't be great for water to get in there (straight to the fuses :/ )
View attachment 165162

View attachment 165163
Awesome, I’m also using a RUT in my van, runs 24/7 and has had 100% up time for just over a year now.

It gives me WiFi in the van obviously but also have it to view the dash cam live feed and also use a few sensors back to my HomeAssistant server so I can monitor the van from inside the house.

I kept it simple for the moment? Be interested to hear any ideas you have!

View attachment 165162

View attachment 165163

Awesome, I’m also using a RUT in my van, runs 24/7 and has had 100% up time for just over a year now.

It gives me WiFi in the van obviously but also have it to view the dash cam live feed and also use a few sensors back to my HomeAssistant server so I can monitor the van from inside the house.

I kept it simple for the moment? Be interested to hear any ideas you have!

I’m just about to start looking at Wi-Fi in the van - for a security camera inside and also as an internet hotspot so interested in both your plans/setups :thumbsup:

I’m just about to start looking at Wi-Fi in the van - for a security camera inside and also as an internet hotspot so interested in both your plans/setups :thumbsup:
I feel like there should be a thread for this? Have I just missed it? If not I’ll start one, happy to share info. Getting internet and networks to weird and odd places is part of my business so I love this stuff.

I feel like there should be a thread for this? Have I just missed it? If not I’ll start one, happy to share info. Getting internet and networks to weird and odd places is part of my business so I love this stuff.
There is one from Mr Massive…

It's not much of a thread, but some of my ideas are here Thread 'Smart van automation remotely running fan' Smart van automation remotely running fan

Towbar

Back