What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Installed triple R G2 750 LED driving lamps..Great bit of kit,easy install looking forward to seeing the improvement tonight!

View attachment 180917

View attachment 180918

View attachment 180920
@Gringo73 Like the look of these mate. I’ve always liked the thought of these Lazer lights, but they seemed expensive just as an additional ‘full beam’ light. So these act as DRL’s and come on with your standard DRL’s? Do they stay on all the time and dim down when you put on your sidelights or headlights? Some pictures in the daytime running through the sequence of lights would be interesting to see? :thumbsup:

@Gringo73 Like the look of these mate. I’ve always liked the thought of these Lazer lights, but they seemed expensive just as an additional ‘full beam’ light. So these act as DRL’s and come on with your standard DRL’s? Do they stay on all the time and dim down when you put on your sidelights or headlights? Some pictures in the daytime running through the sequence of lights would be interesting to see? :thumbsup:
Were already running on THQ v2 headlights with led lamps installed although we found the performance a improvement over the standard candles it was really just ok and not a patch on our other rides lighting set up (Audi A4 Avant)..
Just to give context to the upgraded "fullbeam" lighting We live out in a rural part of the Northeast where 50% of our driving is in dark sky's area (very little light pollution) Back lanes and country roads etc..so the added expense seemed justified!

Were already running on THQ v2 headlights with led lamps installed although we found the performance a improvement over the standard candles it was really just ok and not a patch on our other rides lighting set up (Audi A4 Avant)..
Just to give context to the upgraded "fullbeam" lighting We live out in a rural part of the Northeast where 50% of our driving is in dark sky's area (very little light pollution) Back lanes and country roads etc..so the added expense seemed justified!
Appreciate what you’re saying about the full beam… totally understand that bit…. I’m more interested in the DRL part?

Hi all,
Quite new to the forum but been using it for some reassurance with the van conversion so far… Few bits this weekend, finishing touches to the under seat electric panel before it goes into the seat base, finished off the arch deadening and floor spacers along with removing the bulkhead flange and added some side bars… and put up the Christmas lights to keep the peace at home

C5896D81-A7C0-41E4-8005-4861DBA20D85.jpeg

340E67F8-AC47-4EE0-9451-B25DE37E9056.jpeg

98FE2451-FC47-40A5-A109-D7C7E8483B82.jpeg

Michelin Agilis Cross Climate, after months reading the opinions on here! Mainly because they are A rated on wet grip as opposed to the Goodyears which also get good mentions.

Blackcircles Black Friday deal (one day only I'm afraid) was 15% off which got them down to £143 ea.

I have been checking Costco and Protyre regularly, seem to be about the same cost (taking into account 7% Topcashback for Protyre) of about £150-155.
I run Michelin Agilis CrossClimate 215/65 T16 on my Claytons all year round.
Very pleased with the grip and wear.

Hi, looking at doing this to my cab headlining and A-Pillars next weekend - any advice? looks like you've done a really good job of getting the material into the contours.

Did you remove the carpet layer first or just stick straight over with spray adhesive?

Thanks!
Hi @ChrisWatson it wasn’t too difficult, more time consuming. With the headliner I started in the middle, 3 layers of contact adhesive on the existing carpet layer, and one on the new fabric. Once the flattish middle section done I then did the central part at the front and where the visors recess. Once that was done, dried and left overnight I started on the sides. Start by getting the fabric tight into the handle recess and then work outwards and away from the recess. Lastly I took time to get the four corners nice and tight.

Hope that helps?

Also over lapped by about 20-25mm on the back side to minimise any risk of catching the edges.

Hi @ChrisWatson it wasn’t too difficult, more time consuming. With the headliner I started in the middle, 3 layers of contact adhesive on the existing carpet layer, and one on the new fabric. Once the flattish middle section done I then did the central part at the front and where the visors recess. Once that was done, dried and left overnight I started on the sides. Start by getting the fabric tight into the handle recess and then work outwards and away from the recess. Lastly I took time to get the four corners nice and tight.

Hope that helps?

Also over lapped by about 20-25mm on the back side to minimise any risk of catching the edges.
Thanks for the info! Same logic I was going to go with which is reassuring, let’s hope my practical is as good as my theory ‍

Think I’ll do the pillars first so I can get used to the feel of he material.

Thanks for the info! Same logic I was going to go with which is reassuring, let’s hope my practical is as good as my theory ‍

Think I’ll do the pillars first so I can get used to the feel of he material.
@ChrisWatson No worries, what material are you going for?

Back