What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Just picked up the freshly MOT'd camper - no advisories. :D
Cambelt & water pump replaced @ £647.00 including the dreaded VAT
Whilst replacing the cb & wp, they found that the v belt tensioner was seized, so a new one & belt was fitted - luckily the 5yr warranty fully covered this cost. :thumbsup:
And the expected service wasn't needed, as it flashed up "Inspection Service", so this wasn't charged for & the warning was reset.

Plenty of free creamy hot chocolate whilst waiting for the paperwork.

An overall good experience from Vw Sheffield
Ditto, my wallet is also £647 lighter.

Difference being I tried the coffee machine and ended up with hot milk.

To see if it really needed changing …. You do realise it’s a vw uk cash cow …
@Linoleum Bonypart -

Everything to do with any major car maker is a cash cow...

As Vw UK recommendation for a cambelt change is the sooner of either 4yrs / 80,000 miles & for the money I paid yesterday, it gives me a reassurance that if it now goes pop, the warranty will pick up the cost.
The initial total cost of the camper was quite a considerable amount of hard earned cash, so to spend more monies on regular upkeep is an unfortunate, but necessary evil. :thumbsdown:
I actually don't want to look at the old belt, as what is now done is done, and if it did look ok, what could I do but weep & complain? :cry:

Life's to short to look backwards.
You pays your money and then look forward to the next camping trip with the family of moomins :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dropped it off at JCB Ashford for investigations under warranty as to why the battery is draining. I have done lots of tests myself over the weekend so lets see what if anything they find.

Dropped it off at JCB Ashford for investigations under warranty as to why the battery is draining. I have done lots of tests myself over the weekend so lets see what if anything they find.
I was reading last night about battery drain on this forum. Converters and experts using the neg on the battery instead of the body, results in battery drain down. I'll see if I can find the chat.

I was reading last night about battery drain on this forum. Converters and experts using the neg on the battery instead of the body, results in battery drain down. I'll see if I can find the chat.
Thanks, there isn't anything connected to the negative of the battery as I had come across the shunt thingy previously and any new things I have added had been removed / disconnected prior to VW assist arriving. One thing I havent found out from searching is how long the van is "searching" or "live" once turned off and left unlocked. I've still had a drain of over 2amps on an unlocked van three hours after leaving it.

I suspected whilst skiing in Austria I didn’t drain the van water properly. I pressured up the system and switched off the pump. The pressure disappeared

the tap is cracked and leaking from within the housing. . So spent half an hour removing it and a new one will be here tomorrow hopefully in time for me getting in the road to the peaks for my Bimble on Tuesday

View attachment 188990
FFS. Fitted the new tap. 3 minutes. Started filling the tank and the drain tap I fitted last week started leaking. The window mastic I used hadn’t set after week. So now I’ve bought external serious 'Turbo hard ba*stard mastic’ and re fitted. i’ll leave it for a week to set but I do have to think about a permanent solution.

tempImageVJDNU4.png

tempImageJ6RBgB.png

tempImageLjxvnI.png

Back