What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Passenger captains seat with swivel .bought from a company called T5 Stylize great service and great packaging was surprised that the seat looked brand new
.Just need to sell my Kiravans double swivel base now to recoup some of the cost ;) So good being able to get in the back without going outside!PXL_20230210_121039067.jpgPXL_20230210_121355603.jpgPXL_20230217_134857755.jpg

Gloss black dash bits now fitted, far from perfect and still need to be polished once the clear is fully hard but fairly happy with the outcome…….
It’s turned out more subtle than I expected so happy with that. I can see them coming back out for a better finish in a few weeks though as the imperfections will drive me mad

871AF6FF-B02B-4B34-899D-7D434FF83C0B.jpegA63918B9-5F03-46FF-9418-9A5B52294A1D.jpeg23F09680-4A45-46CD-83FF-83E4A1E8592E.jpeg

Dropped it off at JCB Ashford for investigations under warranty as to why the battery is draining. I have done lots of tests myself over the weekend so lets see what if anything they find.

If you get no joy from JCB in Ashford, I would recommend CVS in Canterbury. Been using them for the last three years and have had excellent service every time. Hope you get it sorted!

Successfully topped up the Adblue - never done it before so was anxious after reading all the issues.

It said 2gallon/8 litres max so I filled it with 7 and 3/4 fills of my 1 litre jug.

Turned on ignition and waited 10 seconds and it reset to 4000 miles range.

Feeling like I had accomplished something I treated it to a quick rinse, snow foam, wash and then dry with microfibres - knowing full well as soon as I get to work tomorrow morning it’ll be dirty again.

At least it’s not sh1t on sh1t :whistle::slow rofl:

If you get no joy from JCB in Ashford, I would recommend CVS in Canterbury. Been using them for the last three years and have had excellent service every time. Hope you get it sorted!
Thanks Bashers, I have never had such a new car and until this incident all my experience at JCB has been positive.

Canterbury not as convenient as Ashford, however lets see what they say tomorrow.

I was pretty pissed with them on Friday in branch when I happened to be passing some 12 working hours after dropping it off and so I popped in all excited to see it sat on the forecourt as if it was finished.

Apparently they'd not done much at all as Tech said "its got aftermarket accessories" and so appears to have stopped doing any work on it. I forgot to unplug the dash mounted 12v Sat nav. Anything else that I had fitted I had removed as those items had been discounted by VW assist however I knew they might get funny about accessories etc.

They hadn't even bothered to call me so I lost it a bit. I have heard some stories about the management not being customer focused so lets see where it goes tomorrow as despite having it overnight since Thursday they hadn't even done a drain test. FFS that was the whole point of them having it. They said it would be done Friday and the tech would be in Saturday.

I have heard some stories about the management not being customer focused...
That's a very polite and understated way of putting it!

In my experience, this attitude comes right from the very top of their organisation - having raised a formal complaint with JBC Ashford regarding them increasing the price of my van, I've been in contact with JCB's Group Ops Director. He's an arrogant, know-nothing chump who speaks to customers as if he's some sort of superior being. I suspect he's only in his position because daddy is CEO.

Seeing as my van hasn't had a decent run since I went to Scotland last September, I took it up the motorway for a Carista re-gen, only downside is the Stop/Start has started working again.

Back