What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

1 bad (yesterday) in Bideford, North Devon on a street apparently not as wide as a T6 and a Motorhome I got my wing mirror cover smacked off and the glass broken by the Motorhome coming down the hill.
1 good. (Today) my EcoFlow River 2 Pro turned up.

View attachment 188883

View attachment 188884

View attachment 188885
I feel you pain, I also have a wing mirror held together with gaffa tape, yep a bloody great white motorhome on a narrow lane in the Lakes, enjoy your Ecoflow

I feel you pain, I also have a wing mirror held together with gaffa tape, yep a bloody great white motorhome on a narrow lane in the Lakes, enjoy your Ecoflow
Thanks. The EcoFlow is brand new. I had it delivered to where we were staying. It’s a great bit of kit. Really looking forward to enjoying the benefits of mobile power in the coming season.

Thanks. The EcoFlow is brand new. I had it delivered to where we were staying. It’s a great bit of kit. Really looking forward to enjoying the benefits of mobile power in the coming season.
Iv got the older version, I like that they have moved the power sockets to the front, this would make it much easier to make a little shelf unit to store it in the van, you now need to buy a Velvetiser hot chocolate maker, it’s a must!

:) got the older version, I like that they have moved the power sockets to the front, this would make it much easier to make a little shelf unit to store it in the van, you now need to buy a Velvetiser hot chocolate maker, it’s a must!
The velvetiser is on my shopping list for sure. I have a milk frother I use for my coffee at home, but something to make a good hot chocolate in the van is a must - especially as my wife doesn’t drink coffee.
The sockets on the front was a key factor in choosing that model over the Delta 2. (That and the money saving) :)

Iv got the older version, I like that they have moved the power sockets to the front, this would make it much easier to make a little shelf unit to store it in the van, you now need to buy a Velvetiser hot chocolate maker, it’s a must!

The velvetiser is on my shopping list for sure. I have a milk frother I use for my coffee at home, but something to make a good hot chocolate in the van is a must - especially as my wife doesn’t drink coffee.
The sockets on the front was a key factor in choosing that model over the Delta 2. (That and the money saving) :)

Love our Velvetiser hot chocolates and doing them in the van powered by the Ecoflow is fab.

I run a CBE 3 pin socket on each side of the van and have them wired back to a single 3 pin plug that then plugs into the rear of my Ecoflow where it lives in the cupboard.

17BDB74F-2E63-483B-8EDA-742FB7237C75.jpeg

Love our Velvetiser hot chocolates and doing them in the van powered by the Ecoflow is fab.

I run a CBE 3 pin socket on each side of the van and have them wired back to a single 3 pin plug that then plugs into the rear of my Ecoflow where it lives in the cupboard.

View attachment 189926
Running the socket to the Ecoflow is a cunning plan. I might look at doing something like that in my van.

Fitted the sportline front bumper and DRL grills yesterday and today i gave it a wash… still need to wire up the DRL’s and figure out why the front parking sensors playing up, hoping its just a sensor not plugged fully home. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

78A26E7B-A680-432F-A227-68B9E08C888D.jpeg

What have I done to my van today?? I looked at it and realised after 3 months of ownership and sitting on my drive and only drove it twice it actually needs a wash!
Dusty rain drops on it.
Need to get my arse in gear and dodomatt the inside then electrics for inverter and sockets etc then side windows, coilovers plus £££ more! Roll on summer!

Not today but over the last week.

Fitted the Garmin dashcam mini 2 with parking mode wired into my leisure battery. I'm so impressed with the quality and discreetness of it, I've ordered another for the rear of the van. It would have come in handy on Saturday as someone reversed into the rear of my van. Thankfully they were honest enough to come and find me.

PXL_20230227_110026724.jpg

While I was fitting the dash cam , I fitted the shunt and battery monitor I've had since November.

PXL_20230227_110130321.jpg

Edited to add I ordered the dashcam through Halfords, it comes with an SD card and the parking cable is free when you go to checkout.

Love the colour of your carpet lining! what has been used on the floor also?
Thanks! We went with the “barley” coloured carpet lining as wanted it lighter inside, aware it will probably show up the dirt more but will do our best to keep on top of it!

The flooring is an offcut piece of vinyl which we picked up cheap from our local carpet/flooring shop!DC0DE99F-11A5-49B2-BD86-5C181CDF4A1A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back