What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Thanks! We went with the “barley” coloured carpet lining as wanted it lighter inside, aware it will probably show up the dirt more but will do our best to keep on top of it!

The flooring is an offcut piece of vinyl which we picked up cheap from our local carpet/flooring shop!View attachment 190056
yeah that lining would last 5 mins in my van but it looks great! love your floor...im looking to chnage mine so could be a good direction for me.

Thanks, I will give it a go.
Super simple pal, make sure you take your time with the trim tool on the vents as they are easy to damage and the surround will just pull away from the dash, make sure you unclip the little leather flap from the steering column first though or it will pull the Colum cover with it.

Not today but over the last week.

Fitted the Garmin dashcam mini 2 with parking mode wired into my leisure battery. I'm so impressed with the quality and discreetness of it, I've ordered another for the rear of the van. It would have come in handy on Saturday as someone reversed into the rear of my van. Thankfully they were honest enough to come and find me.

View attachment 190048

While I was fitting the dash cam , I fitted the shunt and battery monitor I've had since November.

View attachment 190049

Edited to add I ordered the dashcam through Halfords, it comes with an SD card and the parking cable is free when you go to checkout.
Very neat

Picked it up from VW who say no drain and nothing wrong with the battery - in complete contrast to what the man from VW assist said!

So now I’ve got a vw assist guy telling me my I’ve a drain and battery needs replacing and VW telling me it hasn’t and it doesn’t. I’ll be calling vw assist tomorrow. 6C1492EF-F2B6-4F89-B782-290CB5DB3BEE.jpeg

Oh then dropped it off for the fabrication of the custom twin pipe to fill the exhaust holes

Picked it up from VW who say no drain and nothing wrong with the battery - in complete contrast to what the man from VW assist said!

So now I’ve got a vw assist guy telling me my I’ve a drain and battery needs replacing and VW telling me it hasn’t and it doesn’t. I’ll be calling vw assist tomorrow. View attachment 190113

Oh then dropped it off for the fabrication of the custom twin pipe to fill the exhaust holes
Look forward to seeing the finished exhaust trims

@Nige_g. Take a bow and have a beer - IIRC mine hasn't been washed since before my road trip to Croatia last September. It's not actually been driven that much since we got home but it's distinctly grubby all the same. I'm also beginning to think that now might be the time to invest in one of those foamy stuff guns for the pressure washer.

Last edited:

So now I’ve got a vw assist guy telling me my I’ve a drain and battery needs replacing and VW telling me it hasn’t and it doesn’t. I’ll be calling vw assist tomorrow. View attachment 190113

Stealers pulling a fast one?!!

where was that from please?
The trim was from veedubtransporters

There's a drop-down list to choose the colour you want

Very nice fit all in all though deffo recommend a trim removal tool - they sell them for around £3

Five minute job most of which is removing the silver one carefully

Back