What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Added a 12v socket to the dash on my t6.1 startline where the vw stingy buggers put a blanking cap instead , oh and fitted a tracker.
hello - sounds interesting. I have the same blanking cap on mine and a USB port would be more useful! Which wires in the dash area did you tap into please?

It’s just a small thing but I swapped the current single CBE single USB fitting for a double. As usual, it wasn’t quite the simple job that I thought it would be as the original single has wires coming out of the back whereas the new double has a couple of [male] spade connectors which make it too long to fit in the available space (and that’s before it’s connected). I therefore bent the connectors and crimped a couple of female connectors to the existing battery wires and it all just about fits. I’m glad it’s got a rubber cover to go over the sockets as the blue LED is on all the time and is as bright as a small sun. Also when I took the fascia surround of, I realised that the supporting frame was cracked so I've had to order a new one.20230404_115722~(1) copy.jpg

Last edited:
Did you do the surrounds on the air vents, are they easy to remove?
I sure did. The vents were quite difficult to get out from dash however then someone said you can pop a tab loose by removing the side window vents on the dash as you can then see in from behind (just). I’d already removed them by then the challenging way.

Splitting the adjustable vent from surround took a few thin screwdrivers and bradawls and a bit of patience.

I sure did. The vents were quite difficult to get out from dash however then someone said you can pop a tab loose by removing the side window vents on the dash as you can then see in from behind (just). I’d already removed them by then the challenging way.

Splitting the adjustable vent from surround took a few thin screwdrivers and bradawls and a bit of patience.
Might have to try that when I have time and patience.

What is that next to your phone holder?

Back