What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Cut and bonded our barn door windows. Starting to feel like an actual conversion now!
:( Discovered that the off side glass leaks from the top. Two little sources. Serves me right for trying to save a bit of money. Think I just stretched the sealant out a bit thin. Now thinking to cut the rear quarters apertures but ask the pop top fitters to install the glass next week.

New side repeaters.

20230409_141227.jpg

Thankful a lot easier than last weeks mods.

Lifted the driver’s seat to replace the LB. Don’t know what these wires are and where they should be mounted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

78DAB385-125A-4574-BB87-543903480675.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Removed Kombi ceiling panels in preparation for drilling 5 holes in the roof - 4x for the solar panel fixing bolts and 1x for the cable.

I also assembled the Aero mounting brackets onto the panel and discovered the ridges in the roof of the transporter mess with them.

So I had to ‘mill’ (with my circular saw) some indents to match the profile of the roof ridges :(

And then I offered up the panel on the roof - it sits much better across the ridges now but I’m undecided whether I like the looks of the panel on the roof from side view and from the front - even taking into account the black panel, black aero mounts and black van.

But I’ve bought it now and mullered the aero brackets so can’t return it :rolleyes:

I hate doing anything other than sitting in the chair these days as nothing ever goes right.

Now looking at roof bars to sit either side and hide/take your eye off the panel.

Apart from £350 up my shirt I’m not committed yet as haven’t drilled any holes in the roof.

In other news I was charging the EcoFlow with the panel stood up against the garage door at 85w in the partly cloudy sky - so this will easily keep it topped up as I have approx 3w continuous drain from cctv camera and mobile broadband :thumbsup:

View attachment 195201
Roof rails hide a
Multitude of ugliness and a few L brackets and rivnuts simplify the assembly with no holes in the roof… other tha the cable glands which are easily hidden under the panels. Although, clearly, mine are not!
Also my Skyline roof is a bit flatter than yours so you just have to be careful about the height of your mountings. I did have mine on before the pop top too!

image.jpg

Last edited:
And where does that little black clip go?
It’s intended to keep the wire in such way that it will not grab or snap when you move the seat back & forth and swivel. Just move seat carefully while watching the wire and find a place to snap it to based on that. It’s just a fancy cable tie.

@Peatey , you’re a top man. And where does that little black clip go?

IIRC when I looked at mine a while back the clip thing is attached to the seat base metalwork somewhere in the middle, but looks like you have factory swivels? So maybe it needs to be loose.

Silly question - what does it look like under your passenger seat?

IIRC when I looked at mine a while back the clip thing is attached to the seat base metalwork somewhere in the middle, but looks like you have factory swivels? So maybe it needs to be loose.

Silly question - what does it look like under your passenger seat?
Thanks @Bri1701. You’re right, they are swivel seats, so I’ll leave it loose. Cheers

Roof rails hide a
Multitude of ugliness and a few L brackets and rivnuts simplify the assembly with no holes in the roof… other tha the cable glands which are easily hidden under the panels. Although, clearly, mine are not!
Also my Skyline roof is a bit flatter than yours so you just have to be careful about the height of your mountings. I did have mine on before the pop top too!

View attachment 195260
Thanks for the pic and info - yes, that’s certainly a good way of mounting it.

Back