What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not today, but I installed a Victron Orion DC-DC charger to replace my Ablemail charger this week.
Nothing wrong with the Ablemail, but I fancied Bluetooth connectivity, and it aligns with the other Victron devices in the van.
The Ablemail will be for sale at a good price shortly ;)

Pete

Despite my turbo woes and astronomical £3500 invoice (long story, here), I finally got around to fitting my Renogy LiPO4 battery today. Required some research to see how my CTEK D250SE and Victron smart charger would need to be configured to change charging profiles, but it’s all sorted and looking good. Heading out this weekend to see this difference.

Old - heavy 90Ah lead-acid
New - slightly smaller, considerably lighter 100Ah Renogy LiPO4 with batter heater function

Trying to decide if I keep my Victron battery monitor given the Renogy BMS...

IMG_2321.jpeg

AB69BBEA-4E09-43C4-8E2B-C3A99717182A.JPG

Not today, but earlier this week I had a Caravelle floor and ply carpeted panels fitted. Also had the interior metalwork carpeted.

A huge thanks to Simon and the team from @BognorMotors for completing this in a few days for me.

Will try to get some better pictures without all the "crap" laying about at a later point.
PXL_20230407_154510613.jpg

PXL_20230407_154519976.jpg

PXL_20230407_154543098.jpg

Removed Kombi ceiling panels in preparation for drilling 5 holes in the roof - 4x for the solar panel fixing bolts and 1x for the cable.

I also assembled the Aero mounting brackets onto the panel and discovered the ridges in the roof of the transporter mess with them.

So I had to ‘mill’ (with my circular saw) some indents to match the profile of the roof ridges :(

And then I offered up the panel on the roof - it sits much better across the ridges now but I’m undecided whether I like the looks of the panel on the roof from side view and from the front - even taking into account the black panel, black aero mounts and black van.

But I’ve bought it now and mullered the aero brackets so can’t return it :rolleyes:

I hate doing anything other than sitting in the chair these days as nothing ever goes right.

Now looking at roof bars to sit either side and hide/take your eye off the panel.

Apart from £350 up my shirt I’m not committed yet as haven’t drilled any holes in the roof.

In other news I was charging the EcoFlow with the panel stood up against the garage door at 85w in the partly cloudy sky - so this will easily keep it topped up as I have approx 3w continuous drain from cctv camera and mobile broadband :thumbsup:

0B16D55C-3B61-4C1E-9CE9-20323A685CCA.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a similar setup but I don’t have anything to locate the rear wheels and they stay put as long as I don’t drive like a pratt!

I have a similar setup but I don’t have anything to locate the rear wheels and they stay put as long as I don’t drive like a pratt!
Mine is the same, nothing for the rear wheel. It doesn't move at all. I guess it at least reduces the crap on the floor from the muddy wheel though.

Back