What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Does this make any difference to driveability?? ( not a mechani

Hi JDC

The bushes I replaced were worn and the front felt what I can only describe as a bit woolly. Fitting the poly bushes to the front has made it feel tighter in my opinion. Would I recommend fitting poly bushes, yes if the rubber ones are in need replacement.

The rear bushes will be next for replacement. I am undecided about the ARB bushes at the moment as may upgrade the ARB's.

Hope this helps?

Cheers.

Finchy.

Hi JDC

The bushes I replaced were worn and the front felt what I can only describe as a bit woolly. Fitting the poly bushes to the front has made it feel tighter in my opinion. Would I recommend fitting poly bushes, yes if the rubber ones are in need replacement.

The rear bushes will be next for replacement. I am undecided about the ARB bushes at the moment as may upgrade the ARB's.

Hope this helps?

Cheers.

Finchy.
Cheers. Something to consider when they need replacing.

Hi JDC

Hope this helps?

Cheers.

Finchy.
Hey @Finchy ,

I have a set in OEM VW front ARB bushes for sale.

I bought them from TPS to replace mine and then forgot to bring them to CRS when they swapped out my front springs… so fitted another set from them.

I have the receipt and all, just waited too long to return them to TPS.

Thread 'VW OEM Anti-roll bar bushes (7H5 411 313 B)'
For Sale - VW OEM Anti-roll bar bushes (7H5 411 313 B)

I changed my door speakers to Audison AP8's and went from 6.5 to 8 inch woofers

Taken from my custom box which previously sat under the R&R bed, the box is for sale if anyone is interested?

Improvement is night and day, glad I soundproofed the doors 20230329_193029.jpg20230329_192905.jpg20220807_181229.jpg

Hey @Finchy ,

I bought them from TPS to replace mine and then forgot to bring them to CRS when they swapped out my front springs… so fitted another set from them.

For Sale - VW OEM Anti-roll bar bushes (7H5 411 313
Hey @Finchy ,

Hey @Finchy ,

Thank you for your time and offer I will keep this in mind.

Noticed the other day how manky the brackets on the mudflaps on my van have become, initially I thought remove them clean up/treat the brackets and repaint them. the front ones came off easily, the back ones, hmmmmmm. I think the easiest way is to treat them in situ. first stage completed this morning, a coat of vactan [rust treatment], few more stages to go yet,

954.jpg

953.jpg

After months helping the mother-in-law renovate her place, I’ve finally got round to doing some of my own jobs.

Replaced the outdoor socket which the Mrs kindly removed with the van…

View attachment 195499

And fitted the 17” spare that I got off @BuilderJay

View attachment 195498

Glad to be back!
My spare is still in the back of my van. I know I need the support arm but what else do I need? Just the bolts and spacers??

My spare is still in the back of my van. I know I need the support arm but what else do I need? Just the bolts and spacers??
If I remember correctly:
Carrier,
Hinge pin,
Dampener (which is just a bit of dense foam that stops the pin rattling free?),
Securing bolt,
Lowering bolt (which has a lock-washer of some sort that prevents it falling out).

I can’t remember the lengths of the bolts but know they were 19mm.
If you can’t find the answer here I’ll drop them out and measure up for you

Had Tyre Medic round to the house to swap the winter wheels for the summer wheels: he also swapped the winter tyres on my wife's Mazda. £98 all in.

I asked him to swap the spare tyre off the VW spare rim and onto the van. The spare tyre has been on the van from new in 2017.

He told me it was unusable. He had a look at it and called me over. The spare tyre undertray had dug into the tyre and it was distorted and there was also signs of rubber degradation in various areas. So another £179 for my pleasure!.

To top it off he advised me that the front brakes pads on the Mazda were very low. I had a look. Thin is an understatement there should have been a dashboard warning on that. So he’ll be back tomorrow (£98) to sort out the wheel and the brakes. #moneypitsareus!

The guy who came round is a family friend so i know there is no con involved but that was an unexpected £277 from the holiday fund! :uh run:

Back