What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Had Tyre Medic round to the house to swap the winter wheels for the summer wheels: he also swapped the winter tyres on my wife's Mazda. £98 all in.

I asked him to swap the spare tyre off the VW spare rim and onto the van. The spare tyre has been on the van from new in 2017.

He told me it was unusable. He had a look at it and called me over. The spare tyre undertray had dug into the tyre and it was distorted and there was also signs of rubber degradation in various areas. So another £179 for my pleasure!.

To top it off he advised me that the front brakes pads on the Mazda were very low. I had a look. Thin is an understatement there should have been a dashboard warning on that. So he’ll be back tomorrow (£98) to sort out the wheel and the brakes. #moneypitsareus!

The guy who came round is a family friend so i know there is no con involved but that was an unexpected £277 from the holiday fund! :uh run:
Then they sent the wrong tyre! Some eco crap!

A proper day out when everybody’s happy…. top man!

It’d be interesting to get your feedback on your new suspension setup from @CRS Performance ?:thumbsup:

How did Mrs CAB enjoy the journey home though? I had driven less than half a mile before SWMBO conceded the benefits of the upgrade!
Transformation.

It's still a van, but so much more comfortable.

Composed, far less roll, no crashing, actually makes it more relaxing to drive.

Took Mrs CAB less than half the 20 minutes through Cannock and Rugeley to our lunch destination to appreciate the improvement.

Edited to add:
Just as H7s are the lights that VW should have put on all T6s as a minimum, if they were the vehicle that actually matched the reputation they have, so this setup should be the suspension supplied as standard.

Last edited:
Fitted new black wheel bolts to replace some crusty silver ones that looked horrible and didn’t go with the graphite wheels. I didn’t have any locking bolts so put some of them on at the same time. Looks much better now :)

No pics as the wheels are filthy!!

Fitted a kador (keder?) strip to the rack as we have bought a Dometic Club Pro 260 off of marketplace. Realised quickly even the throw-over straps wouldn’t really work with the rack so managed to find a way to get strips on without any modification. Leaves me with more of a gap than I’d like but it’ll serve a purpose anyway.

Expensive month as bought a CFX3 fridge and a River 2 Max battery (cctvkits forum code and their keen pricing made that a bit more bearable!) too. Ready for the year ahead now though!

CBB40CD1-256F-4DC9-9ACF-86E48810FBBB.jpeg

4BE1287A-1515-4607-A242-D5B8C8C9295A.jpeg

Fitted the solar panel to the roof, used some vinyl under the brackets for the sikaflex so it will come off easily. Drilled 4x holes for the M6 bolts to hold the aero brackets down and an 8mm hole under the panel for the grommet for the wire.

Have temporarily connected up inside but not yet ran the wire behind the panels and haven’t yet refitted the interior roof panels, but it works - even in overcast sky it was pulling in 47w and with a small break in the cloud I saw 94w which is fab :thumbsup:

Got roof rails to fit as well.

IMG_1420.pngIMG_1422.png

IMG_2297.jpg

Last edited:
Back