What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Yes, they do as my example proves.
Even though my engine has balancing shafts vibrations on the top of the engine are quite significant.
What was the rough milage, I also have a balanced engine (CFCA) so will plan to replace them next time the front is off.

Refitted the interior roof panels and offside panel after routing the solar panel wiring down inside the van - been on a week and no leaks from the 4x fixing bolts or the slightly larger grommet for the wire.

Got MOT (and minor service) in the next couple of weeks so also moved my Kombi bench back into the front row as I only have the middle belt when it is in the rear row position. This meant I also had to temporarily remove my B pillar table, Kombi storage unit and underseat speaker panel too.

Also need to organise a timing belt and water pump as it is 4 next month, but will use local indy for that rather than main stealer.

I wasn’t really searching for a Multiflex but had a nosey on gumtree the off chance, as I wanted more ‘living’ space in the van before converting to bedtime mode (we were using the captains chairs for this previously which cramps the body of the van even with the bench right back). Bit of a drive but made a weekend of it and did an overnight to test out some of the new-to-us kit. Unloaded the van from said trip this evening and got a chance to play with the packing of things. Especially of interest was the fridge fitment as it was strapped behind the drivers seat on the trip.

67D1F366-19EF-42D4-8DCD-8337D9D00821.jpeg

Very pleased is an understatement - the CFX3 45 was touch and go based on info on the cali forums, as most people seem to use the 35 in this setup, but it fits perfectly. It doesn’t clear under the rear bar like the 35 however so the bench and board have to be forward into the van by a couple of inches from the end stops, but I can live with that. Complete bonus that the roof access ladder width and length match this perfectly and is strapped to one of the uprights. All my thermal blackouts also tuck nicely down the back and are held in place by the rearmost window-pack boards too.

Nice when it comes together, but even more so by complete fluke. This setup is much better as it leaves loads of room under bench and board for all the bumf and kids seats once set up for bed, with enough space on the floor up front for the dogs too - something we were struggling with when using the captains chairs.

Back