What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Just replaced my ailing AGM gel battery with my shiny new Renogy Lithium.
Easy enough to do.
Tested the charging methods in sequence, so connected EHU and ensured Victron charger was on Li profile. Ace, 14v and 15A.
Next connected up the CTEK with the black switch wire to 12V, ran engine. Ace, 14v and 35A (EHU still connected)
Reconnected my solar panel which goes via CTEK and with engine off it put a whopping extra one amp in.
Only issue is that my previous battery terminal were the 3 fitting bus bar type and now I’ve got lots of live ring connectors on the battery post.
Next job, order a nice positive bus bar and make things pretty.IMG_4447.jpegIMG_4449.jpeg
Edit: I know that the retaining strap is not round the seat frame. I spotted it and refitted it.

I don’t often wax (no pun intended) lyrical about detailing products, think I’ve done it only once during my time on here. BUT, I have a solid recommendation. Gyeon Wet Coat. It’s by far and away the best detailing product I’ve used in years (and I’ve tried a lot of ‘em).

It’s a rinse wax/hydrophobic rinse coating, so once you’ve washed the bus, and while it’s still wet, just mist a spray coat onto the paintwork, then rinse it off fairly quickly, it bonds super fast (I recommend doing a side, or front, or back, or roof at a time - AND, this is really important, make sure you apply it to cool panels, ideally in the shade, I wouldn’t recommend applying it in full sun - today was the perfect overcast day for it).

Honestly, the gloss and the water repellency are MEGA, and it leaves the paint super slick. I’ve waited before sharing this, to see how it holds up - it’ll give you a couple of months of paint protection, for the sake of an extra 15 minutes work as part of your regular wash.

I genuinely believe it also repels dirt - so your bus will stay cleaner inbetween washes. It’s a great product, and if you’re a lazy arse like me, it’s little effort for max reward. I’ve tried a few of these types of product (e.g. Turtle Wax Dry and Shine) and this one is on the pricier side of the spectrum, but trust me, it’s bloody worth the extra, it’s gonna be a staple in my garage from now on…

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

Last edited:
Bathe+ is well worth a look, too..

Car shampoo wise, nowt holds a torch close to Bilt Hamber Auto Wash mate. Gyeon Bathe+ is a good ‘un, but BHAW is the best one out there - cleans magnificently without stripping any work you’ve done with polishes/waxes/coatings - just refreshes - I’ve tried ‘em all (and that’s my go to)…

Last edited:
Car shampoo wise, nowt holds a torch close to Bilt Hamber Auto Wash mate. Gyeon Bathe+ is a good ‘un, but BHAW is the best one out there - cleans magnificently without stripping any work you’ve done with polishes/waxes/coatings - just refreshes - I’ve tried ‘em all (and that’s my go to)…
Does it get horse shit off?

I don’t often wax (no pun intended) lyrical about detailing products, think I’ve done it only once during my time on here. BUT, I have a solid recommendation. Gyeon Wet Coat. It’s by far and away the best detailing product I’ve used in years (and I’ve tried a lot of ‘em).

It’s a rinse wax/hydrophobic rinse coating, so once you’ve washed the bus, and while it’s still wet, just mist a spray coat onto the paintwork, then rinse it off fairly quickly, it bonds super fast (I recommend doing a side, or front, or back, or roof at a time - AND, this is really important, make sure you apply it to cool panels, ideally in the shade, I wouldn’t recommend applying it in full sun - today was the perfect overcast day for it).

Honestly, the gloss and the water repellency are MEGA, and it leaves the paint super slick. I’ve waited before sharing this, to see how it holds up - it’ll give you a couple of months of paint protection, for the sake of an extra 15 minutes work as part of your regular wash.

I genuinely believe it also repels dirt - so your bus will stay cleaner inbetween washes. It’s a great product, and if you’re a lazy arse like me, it’s little effort for max reward. I’ve tried a few of these types of product (e.g. Turtle Wax Dry and Shine) and this one is on the pricier side of the spectrum, but trust me, it’s bloody worth the extra, it’s gonna be a staple in my garage from now on…

View attachment 197469

View attachment 197471
Just ordered some :whistle:

Just as a plug for a local business
CleanYourCar have been great when I buy from them and I always pop in and buy in person-they are really helpful, decent guys. I have no affiliation to them.
Might give them a go. Cheers.

(o_O Err...me? Cleaning/polishing a vehicle? FMS!!)

Pre-MOT preparation today.

Fitted standard size number plates after drilling holes to suit
Fitted H4 candle bulbs after removing the Novisight H4 LEDs
Removed all four wheels and checked tyres, checked for nails, checked brake pads, shocks, brake hoses etc.
Got the wife to operate the lights while I checked them.
Took air fresheners off rear view mirror and baseball cap off dash

Then I had to cut the grass :rolleyes:

Cambelt & water pump done on my T6 which I’ve had for 2 months, sticker on the sun visor said it had been changed last year but as it came with limited history and when inspected it looked way older than a year I decided to do it to be safe.
Genuine parts used, crank oil seal and oil pump belt done at the same time as heard a few horror stories re the oil pump belts with them being a wet belt.
Oil seal was leaking as we all know how shite they are!
Glad it’s done as I go to cornwall in it next month :)
2232C244-4DD9-4C4A-8BD9-2AF5BBE09385.jpeg

F1D84A26-5514-4201-8C8F-B68DA6E00CE5.jpeg92FC7DB7-221B-4153-BB7C-659969A50D0B.jpeg
8C33500E-E86B-43D4-BBB0-62D7C10EE788.jpeg924C8E5A-69F9-4DAF-8C84-9643A59BD70E.jpegA382140E-24A8-4D74-861B-99578F7958FF.jpeg

Back