What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Made an awning skirt out of a spare bit of tarpaulin, some eyelets and some bungee cord.
Length of cord threads through the eyelets at the top like a curtain and attaches round both wheels, pegged at the bottom.
It needs a few tweaks but will do that on the next break away.295D2BEA-A2A3-4CEE-B472-D4A10264CE0F.jpeg

oil pump belt done at the same time as heard a few horror stories re the oil pump belts with them being a wet belt.
@D11nyd what have you heard about the oil pump drive belt?
I was wondering about the lack of official interval myself.

Fitted multi swivel table leg and top for front seats. It swivels 180 to the outside and has a table that you can turn flat flush against the seats for storage when in the forward position.
The table is a table.

View attachment 197628
If you’ve got a tailgate you can also pop another bracket at the back and use the table under there if it rains etc.IMG_4311.jpeg

@D11nyd what have you heard about the oil pump drive belt?
I was wondering about the lack of official interval myself.
It was something I read on the Schaeffler Repxpert page I follow, few comments on one of there posts suggest failure.
It was more for piece of mind as the crank seal was leaking so following vw’s guide its sump off to replace seal so the oil pump belt was a 10 second job once the above was stripped.
The belt didn’t look that bad but as it was covered in oil there’s no way of properly inspecting

Back